Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
6661 - 6680 of 6734 Posts

·
I Am Second
58,061 Posts
Uncle mentioned there might be an opening at local grocery store but I'm currently getting OT at work the next couple of weeks so I don't have time to mess with that but maybe once this OT stops. Its much better getting OT at work than hassle of another job. So I'll ponder my options in a couple of weeks plus people have been making a killing with doordash locally. Like $100+ a day.

·
Super Moderator
4,889 Posts
If my work shift schedule change ends up not working out then I might very well put my two weeks in anyway. It shouldn't be hard to find another job if I was able to get some interviews for even somewhat more stable positions anyway.

·
Terminator
13,253 Posts
I can'twait to go back to work again next Saturday.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
In the past year, I'm the only person who has worked in the office with any frequency, although in the past few months I haven't gone in much, instead working at home like the rest of the office. This past week I worked up on the other floor we have which I don't have a key to; had to be let up. A bunch of pop, candy, and water are around which is all six months or more expired. Still, I've been eating and drinking some of it. What the hell.

·
Wilco Tango Foxtrot!
3,985 Posts
If my work shift schedule change ends up not working out then I might very well put my two weeks in anyway. It shouldn't be hard to find another job if I was able to get some interviews for even somewhat more stable positions anyway.
IMO and from personal experience you might want to make sure you have another job lined up before giving your notice. :smile2:

·
Wilco Tango Foxtrot!
3,985 Posts
I forgot my masks, took them out of my bag to wash them, forgot to put them back, now I have to use one of those medical ones for this shift
I hate the mask mandate. It's even worse when one's glasses fog up! The company I work for provides masks and I try to make them last at least a week (and I work in a shop with the same people every day!) Our lunch tables are divided into plexi-glass cubicles made from laser cut panels slatted together. I have found one benefit of the plexi-cubicles though. If I'm sitting at one of the tables I can smack the guy sitting adjacent to me by shoving the plexi outwards!

Also...erm...there was nobody sitting next to me or across from me so I got a little over-zealous getting comfortable in my nom cubicle and maybe cracked one of the plexi sheets. Whoops!

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,175 Posts
I hate the mask mandate. It's even worse when one's glasses fog up! The company I work for provides masks and I try to make them last at least a week (and I work in a shop with the same people every day!) Our lunch tables are divided into plexi-glass cubicles made from laser cut panels slatted together. I have found one benefit of the plexi-cubicles though. If I'm sitting at one of the tables I can smack the guy sitting adjacent to me by shoving the plexi outwards!

Also...erm...there was nobody sitting next to me or across from me so I got a little over-zealous getting comfortable in my nom cubicle and maybe cracked one of the plexi sheets. Whoops!
Yeah, the glasses fogging up or breathing your own bad breathe are annoying aspects of masking, also the bands digging in behind your ears as well

·
Super Moderator
4,889 Posts
IMO and from personal experience you might want to make sure you have another job lined up before giving your notice. :smile2:
Yeah, that was somewhat in the heat of the moment because of certain circumstances, but unfortunately because of it there's truth about finding that last resort. I'm having another interview next week for something that might actually be a good fit with the given hours, so hopefully something comes of it and I can transition.

·
Wilco Tango Foxtrot!
3,985 Posts
Yeah, the glasses fogging up or breathing your own bad breathe are annoying aspects of masking, also the bands digging in behind your ears as well
I try to make the masks last at least a week! I work in a metal fab shop and we have two options depending on what we're doing. A respirator or a medical mask! Either way my glasses regularly fog up! I hate it.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
I really do not like this position I'm in of having a say over who works on what, because I'm determining people's incomes when we don't have much work.

·
SAS Member
1,265 Posts
Lesson#1: No more attending coworker birthday parties after work if they dont really mess with you. So pissed I had to spend my money. Never again.

Lesson#2: Make sure you have evidence if you are ever going to confront high-level manager.

Lesson#3: Leave early at coworker gatherings especially when someone else is leaving. Also have an excuse on deck.

Lesson#4: Don't be too trusting of coworkers.

Lesson#5: Coworkers are definitely not your friends.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Wilco Tango Foxtrot!
3,985 Posts
I kinda like being the guy at work that specializes in nothing but can do a bit of everything. It gets super awkward when people ask me what my trade is and I'm like "I don't even know anymore!" I want to do everything!

·
Super Moderator
4,889 Posts
Thinking I should try to apply for positions that I could potentially get with my graduate degree before technically getting it. It would make sense rather than just finding another job and either not stay long enough or stay for some years and then my graduate degree will be devalued by then. But it'll likely come at a cost to start at the very bottom of the barrel (I mean what I do now is underneath the barrel anyway.) Thankfully I have someone who is supportive and suggested to me such things.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I am desperate to quit my job but I'm so scared of my boss that I'm afraid to tell her! I feel really dumb about it. I also don't have anything lined up but I have a savings and my mom said she would help me. I'm so depressed at this job I really can not keep working there.

·
waiting to bloom
8,863 Posts
I just want a chill and laid back job at this point. that is more important to me than money...if I work really hard or there's alot of pressure, I don't want a high paying job.

·
Super Moderator
4,889 Posts
I really am trying to find something or see what can work but it's leaving me a little bit dismayed. I shouldn't undervalue with what I can do but the expectations of the job listing requirements seems to tell me otherwise.

·
Just a bit stitious
4,719 Posts
System is currently down and my boss is “working on it”. Meaning she put in a ticket with the IT dept and they will probably get to it right around next Tuesday since my department is less than important on the company’s list of priorities. What a joke.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
When you're corresponding with someone and they either don't answer you or they partially answer you, this is what comes to mind.

·
alien monk
8,615 Posts
my manager keeps pretending shes doing me a favour when shes only paying me what I'm legally entitled to. every time.

6661 - 6680 of 6734 Posts