Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Sas user
4,027 Posts
I'm about to start a 36 day job (end of august) that is 9 hrs a day excluding breaks with no off days. So i have to work 36 days straight, 63 hrs a week.
the manager said she may be able to work in a couple of off days though, i really hope they do.

·
Sas user
4,027 Posts
i just spent the last hour trying to write a cover letter, and i only have 152 words. I read that you need to tailor it to the company you are applying for, but if i have to do this for every company, its going to take forever to apply to even 5 companies.

then i need to remove the irrelevant work experiences on my resume....i will finish this tomorrow i guess. thinking about how to link my recent retail job to the one im applying for, and make it relevant, so my work experience wont look so empty.

·
Sas user
4,027 Posts
i just spent an hour trying to find the name of the recruiter and i still havent found it. why dont they put their stupid name in the ad

·
Sas user
4,027 Posts
i want a job like Ron Livingston had in Office Space. just a cubicle to work in, in a room of so many. no real responsibility.
he basically did nothing all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Sas user
4,027 Posts
are they trolling?

Our ideal candidate is someone who is innately curious about everything as AntzWorkz is in the business of digging for insights amongst consumers' minds. And we are not looking for the smartest or best looking candidates but someone who is extremely passionate in exceling and making a difference in whatever they do. Of course, if a candidate is really smart or good looking, we wouldn't mind having a chat too... However, beyond one's excellent individual performance, it is extremely important that he/she can also be an effective team player. He/She must be able to work independently as well as with a team of marketing professionals to provide the latest market information and insights to address clients' ongoing and ad-hoc research and marketing needs.
im not applying.

·
Sas user
4,027 Posts
i need advice if anyone can help:

i was contacted by phone to schedule an interview for a job. they said they would send an email confirmation regarding the details. so do i reply to this email? i already said thank you over the phone, and im not sure what to say in the email

·
Sas user
4,027 Posts
i got another interview offer for this wednesday. I didnt even write a cover letter, just sent in my resume. I think its cause they are a startup company.

Time to prepare for death - round 2

·
Sas user
4,027 Posts
couldnt sleep and its 4am now, and i have another interview at 10:30am. i also only slept 4 hours last night. My mind couldnt stop thinking about todays interview. Wasted 4.5 hours lying down trying to sleep.

i really want this job though, good pay and its not an internship. its quite programmy, which i know nothing about. But it would look really good on my resume if i get it.

if i can stay alert till 12pm, ill be fine. only 7.5 hrs

·
Sas user
4,027 Posts
How did the interview go, did you end up getting the job?
it was alright in the end, not as bad as my first interview. But its not over since they gave me a little assignment to do at home.
They also postponed it by an hour to 11:30am, so i was very tired and almost fell asleep waiting cause i got there very early

·
Sas user
4,027 Posts
im planning to wear my shirts for 2 days each. i hope thats not too weird, i dont wanna have 6 shirts to wash each week. Not just for time, but it would wear them out a lot quicker

·
Sas user
4,027 Posts
^lol Kevin

not looking forward to when the other admin/operations person leaves and leaves me alone. I still dont have a very clear idea of the whole process

·
Sas user
4,027 Posts
bet youre regretting insisting on open communication and telling jokes now. got me all confused - i was happy to be a normal worker but now i feel pressured to be more open and friendly and so comes the awkwardness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Sas user
4,027 Posts
my boss said he is giving me a small bonus. should i just take it and say thank you or should i ask what its for?

edit: typing this out makes it seem stupid to ask why. i think ill just say thank you

1 - 20 of 96 Posts