Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,066 Posts
A coworker basically stood up for me to her manager/director when I expressed to her (the coworker) as to how I felt like my hands were being tied and that it was becoming tighter the more my manager kept being on my back and then decided to top it off by giving me an attitude last week. While the intention was well, I think the fact I told her in the manner that I did wasn't the best since I haven't been the one to speak directly about the situation. So it'll likely be awkward when going in tomorrow if the message has been relayed to my manager by now.

·
Super Moderator
5,066 Posts
If my work shift schedule change ends up not working out then I might very well put my two weeks in anyway. It shouldn't be hard to find another job if I was able to get some interviews for even somewhat more stable positions anyway.

·
Super Moderator
5,066 Posts
IMO and from personal experience you might want to make sure you have another job lined up before giving your notice. :smile2:
Yeah, that was somewhat in the heat of the moment because of certain circumstances, but unfortunately because of it there's truth about finding that last resort. I'm having another interview next week for something that might actually be a good fit with the given hours, so hopefully something comes of it and I can transition.

·
Super Moderator
5,066 Posts
Thinking I should try to apply for positions that I could potentially get with my graduate degree before technically getting it. It would make sense rather than just finding another job and either not stay long enough or stay for some years and then my graduate degree will be devalued by then. But it'll likely come at a cost to start at the very bottom of the barrel (I mean what I do now is underneath the barrel anyway.) Thankfully I have someone who is supportive and suggested to me such things.

·
Super Moderator
5,066 Posts
I really am trying to find something or see what can work but it's leaving me a little bit dismayed. I shouldn't undervalue with what I can do but the expectations of the job listing requirements seems to tell me otherwise.

·
Super Moderator
5,066 Posts
Have to go in a bit earlier tomorrow but will also get out a little earlier. After that is a five day (and better be long) weekend for me. I deserve it.

·
Super Moderator
5,066 Posts
Have to go in a bit earlier tomorrow but will also get out a little earlier. After that is a five day (and better be long) weekend for me. I deserve it.
Well...back to my hellhole tomorrow. Hopefully these two days go by smoothly.

·
Super Moderator
5,066 Posts
Think I might be getting a new job offer at my desired location. Holy crap, finally and at the same time JUST in time when I started to feel despair!

·
Super Moderator
5,066 Posts
Turned in my two week notice today. I was nervous to the point I had a little bit of a hard time sleeping last night and the anxiety for when checking the time this morning since I put the email at a scheduled time for it to be sent. Of all things, the owner herself was there and she spoke to me personally about it. It went better than I thought it would adding the factor that the owner was in-person. I'm going to miss the children even if they are spoiled, unruly pain in the butts. But I need to move on to at least start getting my foot in the door as to where my career prospects are and (finally) have an actual secure job with room for growth.

·
Super Moderator
5,066 Posts
Turned in my two week notice today. I was nervous to the point I had a little bit of a hard time sleeping last night and the anxiety for when checking the time this morning since I put the email at a scheduled time for it to be sent. Of all things, the owner herself was there and she spoke to me personally about it. It went better than I thought it would adding the factor that the owner was in-person. I'm going to miss the children even if they are spoiled, unruly pain in the butts. But I need to move on to at least start getting my foot in the door as to where my career prospects are and (finally) have an actual secure job with room for growth.
One week left. I'm already getting choked up because one child I will see for the last time Monday the latest (because of his birthday and then going on vacation.) Who knows when it will be the last time I'll see each of them. One sent me a thank you card. That might have set me off.

Damn. Didn't think I'd take it as hard and I have a week left.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts