Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
381 - 400 of 416 Posts

· We all wear a mask.
1,893 Posts
Maybe it's just my perception of things now as opposed to my youth but when I was a kid when there were feet of snow, it seemed like a tumultuous chore to get anything canceled including School.

Yesterday we receive 3 inches of snow and everything's closed. I had business that I had to take care of yesterday that I had to delay until today because everything was closed.

I'm not saying it's a huge deal or anything. I'm just kind of in awe at how a state that is supposed to be used to snow hardly has any measures to respond to snow currently as opposed to my youth. It's as if the snow response has degraded since I was a kid.

· Super Moderator
38,945 Posts
I thought this Vornado fan was way too expensive when I first bought it but it has been running almost nonstop for months. Plus unlike some other Vornado models, it actually has a low speed that doesn't sound like an airplane.

· Registered
9,091 Posts
I noticed I got replies from three different YouTubers on posts I made from at least 2 years or 11 months ago. Lol Weird how that happened back to back like that. All of the replies I got happened in 7 days. Second comment was 2 days after the first and the third comment was 4 days after the second one. All of them were on videos about music, too. :unsure:

· Registered
18,330 Posts
I noticed I got replies from three different YouTubers on posts I made from at least 2 years or 11 months ago. Lol Weird how that happened back to back like that. All of the replies I got happened in 7 days. Second comment was 2 days after the first and the third comment was 4 days after the second one. All of them were on videos about music, too. :unsure:
I've noticed you have a lot of knowledge about music - I was a bit like that when I was young too. I probably didn't know as much about it as you do though. I almost got a job for a record company but didn't take it because I couldn't work on Saturday. (as a Seventh Day Adventurer - it would have upset my Mum.)

You've got great taste in music too - meaning it seems to often coincide with mine. :)

· Registered
18,330 Posts
I noticed that I'm not so self-conscious as I used to be - especially in a crowd. The sheer number of people here is just astounding sometimes and they totally ignore each other. It was the same on the plane coming up here - I remember being self-conscious years ago feeling like people were watching me - when in fact they most likely weren't. And now they definitely aren't. One of the realizations I guess of getting older - but also just being in an environment where people are totally focused on what they're doing themselves.

· Registered
9,091 Posts
I've noticed you have a lot of knowledge about music - I was a bit like that when I was young too. I probably didn't know as much about it as you do though. I almost got a job for a record company but didn't take it because I couldn't work on Saturday. (as a Seventh Day Adventurer - it would have upset my Mum.)

You've got great taste in music too - meaning it seems to often coincide with mine. :)
Yea, I do. Lol I'm a big fan of it. I like looking up facts about music and the albums I listen to. Or watching genuine reviews over albums and stuff. Working at a record store sounds like it would be pretty chill.

Thanks. :) My music taste is all over the place. But I could never get into country. Haha.

· Registered
4,766 Posts
Most days I am basically just looking forwards to the end of the day, when I can go to sleep and advance to the next day… where I will again mainly look forwards to advancing to the next day again.. is this all there is? Just making it til the next day until there is no next day? Or until something happens? Hmmm

· Permanently An Idiot
2,593 Posts
A few months ago I ran out of unsalted butter, so I bought some more. I don't use it as much as I'd expected to, so I haven't opened it yet. I just realised I should check the use by date on it for the first time... it's today.

· Born Of Blotmonað
22,339 Posts
Most days I am basically just looking forwards to the end of the day, when I can go to sleep and advance to the next day… where I will again mainly look forwards to advancing to the next day again.. is this all there is? Just making it til the next day until there is no next day? Or until something happens? Hmmm
Story or my life too unfortunately….

· Karmically Cryptic
Wonder
2,987 Posts
I feel you there. It was worse in my past. It was like you where it was every day...now it's more like every week I am waiting for certain days when those days come and go I am waiting for the next week to start. People say stay busy but I always felt like something was missing and I still don't know what it is. I spend time with friends most every day, I have hobbies, I learn new things every week...still...

· Registered
4,766 Posts
I feel you there. It was worse in my past. It was like you where it was every day...now it's more like every week I am waiting for certain days when those days come and go I am waiting for the next week to start. People say stay busy but I always felt like something was missing and I still don't know what it is. I spend time with friends most every day, I have hobbies, I learn new things every week...still...
Oh god. Learning things should diversify life a little, you’d think. What sort of things are you learning?
I honestly think the “staying busy” part might be the problem. Let loose. Live a little. Do nonsensical things.. Actually have some fun, you know?

381 - 400 of 416 Posts