Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
241 - 260 of 279 Posts

·
Super Moderator
38,325 Posts
I've been trying to commit phone numbers to my memory in case I need them in the future but it's proving to be difficult. I guess since I don't dial these numbers on a phone very often, I have to use new mnemonic devices instead of say, muscle memory and repetition. So instead of 5 8 2 9, I'll prob think, 58, 29.

Or ya know, just fake dial their numbers every so often.
Strangely enough, I can still remember my grandmother's phone number (she died in 2001, I think) but I keep forgetting my own cell number.

·
Super Moderator
38,325 Posts
Went to the local Walmart the other day. I had forgotten how absolutely massive those stores are and just how much stuff they have. But holy crap that place was in complete disarray. I remember it being a fairly nice store as Walmarts go but it looked run down and poorly managed. Employees seemed to not know what they were doing. I picked up some Beyond Meat jerky right by the front counter that was marked half off and it still rang up full price. I told the lady it was marked down and even showed her the price on the sticker and she just brushed it off. I started to make them refund it right there but I didn't want to make the people behind us wait and I actually wanted to try it.

It just did not feel like a good environment at all. Maybe I'm just "older and wiser" (not really but I can't think of another way to say it). I don't know. Was looking in the discount DVD bin and there were actually clothes piled on top of the movies. Clothes and random other items from other areas of the store. There were no price scanners anywhere. I seem to recall that store having them but not a one. I was going to ask someone some questions about an item I was looking at but I couldn't find a single employee anywhere. The other department store I usually go to (because it's closer) has a more limited variety of stuff but I thought they were in rough shape. The Walmart is worse.

·
aldehyde dehydrogenaser
8,301 Posts
It occured to me that at least in English and , other language that I speak, one can describe another's personality using the word for "sweet".. I suppose it's a human thing and never have things that tasted sweet were perceived as unpleasant.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
If there was a 50-50% chance of your memory being 100% wiped by going trough doorways I’d be absolutely terrified of doorways. I’m glad that’s not the case. But I would aprichiate if I could remember why the heck I left the living room 😵‍💫

Oh, I sadly know that feeling, it just becomes more frequent the older you get. 😉

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I've been trying to commit phone numbers to my memory in case I need them in the future but it's proving to be difficult. I guess since I don't dial these numbers on a phone very often, I have to use new mnemonic devices instead of say, muscle memory and repetition. So instead of 5 8 2 9, I'll prob think, 58, 29.

Or ya know, just fake dial their numbers every so often.
You could try using the letters below the numbers to make up words and sentences instead.

·
Super Moderator
38,325 Posts
Went with my dad to get bloodwork yesterday. There's pretty much never any way to know how many people are going to be waiting in the waiting room on the day you decide to go until you get there. We apparently chose a bad time. The waiting room was already halfway full when we got there. I intentionally picked a corner that had a couple of seats between myself and anyone else. Nevertheless, eventually, someone came and sat one seat away from me and started coughing and hacking. So I went back out to the car and waited.

·
Permanently An Idiot
2,573 Posts
I've always thought it was weird how the first year of school is called 'nursery' and a place for young plants is also a 'nursery'. I put it down to English being a dumb language with many homonyms. It's only just hit me that it's probably actually deliberate, in the same way that 'kindergarten' translated is 'children garden'...

Added word fun: the Welsh word for 'children' is 'plant'.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Every once in a while I get a feeling people can tell that I’m depressed. Like now, lately, people at work have been extra nice to me all of a sudden.
I started thinking why they would notice.. what’s my tell. I said no to cake. I have a reputation as someone who really likes cake. I’ll sit in the noisy room with the others only when there is cake, and I’ll be like “ooh, cake!” When someone mentions cakes or says a word that’s a little too similar.. I just haven’t felt the same spark for them lately, so I said no thanks the other day.

Immagine if people at work knows I’m down because I turned down cake 😝.

·
Super Moderator
10,011 Posts
Friday night before Thanksgiving week, and surprisingly I come home to everyone being home and staying in. I wonder if I will at the home to myself thxgiving weekend though.

Meanwhile one of my housemates is throwing a little movie night party at the living room.

241 - 260 of 279 Posts