Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
221 - 240 of 279 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,011 Posts
Every time right after I purchased something, that very thing will see an instant huge price drop or discount. And then I will go back to buy more and the price will revert instantly just before I can buy it. It's happen the last 3 times I got gas. Happens all the time with groceries. Now it's happened again with some indulgences I will not mention here.

·
Super Moderator
38,325 Posts
Every time right after I purchased something, that very thing will see an instant huge price drop or discount. And then I will go back to buy more and the price will revert instantly just before I can buy it. It's happen the last 3 times I got gas. Happens all the time with groceries. Now it's happened again with some indulgences I will not mention here.
This seems to happen to me too. Whenever I splurge for something I've been wanting for a while, something crazy will happen. Like I'll pay $40 for something and see it at Goodwill a couple months later for $5. Or even smaller items. Like spending $8 on a brand name can opener because I didn't know Dollar Tree has can openers.

·
Super Moderator
38,325 Posts
OK. That's super weird. There's a Youtuber I've been watching a few years. They stopped making videos like a month or two ago and I'd kind of forgotten about it. Just now I suddenly got the idea to look and see if they made any new videos (notifications don't seem to work right for me for whatever reason). Boom. New video about 45 minutes ago. Now I don't believe in anything supernatural but there's some pretty freaky coincidences sometimes.

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
OK. That's super weird. There's a Youtuber I've been watching a few years. They stopped making videos like a month or two ago and I'd kind of forgotten about it. Just now I suddenly got the idea to look and see if they made any new videos (notifications don't seem to work right for me for whatever reason). Boom. New video about 45 minutes ago. Now I don't believe in anything supernatural but there's some pretty freaky coincidences sometimes.
I seem to notice bizarre and sometimes awkward coincidences a lot.

·
Super Moderator
10,011 Posts
Ever since a software update, ny smart bulbs can no longer go to a full blue or purple hue. It now can only go to a white-ish blue/purple instead in the deepest setting. It sucks since the full purple hue is one of my favorite ambiance colors.

This seems to happen to me too. Whenever I splurge for something I've been wanting for a while, something crazy will happen. Like I'll pay $40 for something and see it at Goodwill a couple months later for $5. Or even smaller items. Like spending $8 on a brand name can opener because I didn't know Dollar Tree has can openers.
I've gotten some great hauls at goodwill in the past. Usually expensive stuff in great condition that are only a few bucks. The best I got so far was a wood oriental desk/table lamp made for $10. It felt nice and sturdy. I later looked it up online and stores had it for more than a $100 to find out it is made of Walnut wood.

Reactions: WillYouStopDave

·
Super Moderator
38,325 Posts
Ever since a software update, ny smart bulbs can no longer go to a full blue or purple hue. It now can only go to a white-ish blue/purple instead in the deepest setting. It sucks since the full purple hue is one of my favorite ambiance colors.
I usually put mine on blue when I sleep. I have been considering getting those GE bulbs that work with a remote control since it would be a more reliable way of controlling them and I'd never have to worry about internet connectivity. I think you probably would be able to control multiple bulbs with the same remote (or at least it seems like you should be able to). We have one of them in one of these lamps in the living room

I've gotten some great hauls at goodwill in the past. Usually expensive stuff in great condition that are only a few bucks. The best I got so far was a wood oriental desk/table lamp made for $10. It felt nice and sturdy. I later looked it up online and stores had it for more than a $100 to find out it is made of Walnut wood.
Yeah. Goodwill is especially good for furniture if you have a way to get large furniture from where you bought it to your house. Most of the stuff they sell here must come from elderly people because it's all large, heavy solid furniture that is pretty much not sold new anymore. Unfortunately, it's all too big for our little condo.

Other than that, my Goodwill finds are mostly small victories like the brand new SSD I found recently. Once I got a new pair of $30 headphones for a dollar. Still have them. I thought they'd be complete junk when I bought them but they sound pretty good. Almost all of my Goodwill trips usually end with a small find like that. But our Goodwill just doesn't seem to have much of anything. I think probably if I went like 3 times a week, I'd find more. People are catching on and it is usually more crowded than you'd think so people probably snatch good stuff up quick.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
On my way to a store today I noticed something, clothes hanging on a line. Seems I don't see that very often anymore. I used to hang clothes out on the line to dry but I never really liked the hassle of doing that, it's so much easier to just throw them in the dryer and push a few buttons. Seems like most people agree these days.

·
Permanently An Idiot
2,573 Posts
Just finished a bottle of laundry detergent. Been using it the best part of a year, I guess. Check the back... 'Use in the detergent dispenser. Do not use in drum'... Guess where I've been using it. 😢

·
(.*?)
10,147 Posts
Just finished a bottle of laundry detergent. Been using it the best part of a year, I guess. Check the back... 'Use in the detergent dispenser. Do not use in drum'... Guess where I've been using it. 😢
I've been ignoring those instructions for decades and nothing has spontaneously combusted yet.

·
Administrator
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #235 ·
If it was possible to walk on clouds, not fall off the sides, breathe normally on them and travel to them easily for a low price, I wonder how popular it would be.

• Love
Reactions: iAmCodeMonkey

·
Terminator
13,585 Posts
If it was possible to walk on clouds, not fall off the sides, breathe normally on them and travel to them easily for a low price, I wonder how popular it would be.
You are one clever bugger, mate ;)

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
If there was a 50-50% chance of your memory being 100% wiped by going trough doorways I’d be absolutely terrified of doorways. I’m glad that’s not the case. But I would aprichiate if I could remember why the heck I left the living room 😵‍💫

·
aldehyde dehydrogenaser
8,301 Posts
I've been trying to commit phone numbers to my memory in case I need them in the future but it's proving to be difficult. I guess since I don't dial these numbers on a phone very often, I have to use new mnemonic devices instead of say, muscle memory and repetition. So instead of 5 8 2 9, I'll prob think, 58, 29.

Or ya know, just fake dial their numbers every so often.

221 - 240 of 279 Posts