Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
201 - 220 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
A pizza place recently opened near my office in the same spot as a previous pizza place. I finally went in and got what I usually get, two slices. It was over two dollars more than they used to be in the former restaurant, and 35 or so cents more than the place just two doors down charges for two slices which are significantly bigger. Whatever. On big signs outside their door, this new place advertises a grouping of Lunch Specials, all for $10.99. A Lunch Special is supposed to be lower priced to get more people through your door at the busiest time for any restaurant in a downtown area. However, once your price goes into double digits, it ceases to be a Lunch Special.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
When I got to the skate park today it was 5am. There were these two blokes walking separately around it really looking for something. Usually I would ask, you know, have you lost something? but I felt like they were up to no good; I'm not sure what they were looking for.
Another guy was walking around looking for something yesterday and since we'd kinda said hi in acknowledgement of each other I asked him what are you looking for? And he said cigarette ends 😮 I immediately thought but what about COVID. If you're that poor with an addiction I don't think it's your main concern :(

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
The highlight of this crappy day: As I was waiting for the bus, I heard a few times a small "crack" but didn't know what it was. Then I spotted it - a long strip of bubble wrap had made its way onto the street and cars were riding over it, creating a satisfying "pop" that we all like to make when bubble wrap comes into our possession.

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
It's SO annoying when you send out a work email asking several questions or addressing a few facets of a situation, and someone only replies to one thing in it. This is especially sucky if it's a client and you have to re-email and re-direct them to your original questions. It feels like you're holding their hand and saying "Okay, now I asked this, please reply to this. Then this - reply to this. Okay, good job."

·
Super Moderator
38,325 Posts
There's no way I'm going to rearrange my room because I've had it like this for years and everything just works (even though it doesn't look so great) but I really wish I had realized that putting my bed right here was going to be right where all of the air from the vent goes.

It's not bad when it's a really hot day because my fridge and freezer usually make enough hot air to cause this room to be like 10 degrees hotter than the rest of the place. But when it's a mild day, my parents juice up the AC and it just runs nonstop and that cold *** air just freezes me.

Then in the Winter, it's the same but opposite, they just run the furnace nonstop and it just roasts me and roasts me and roasts me until I have to either close the vent or block off the section of fins that blow in my direction.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Got the sash window open. One of the scaffolders is singing " I can be your hero baby" 😂 every now and then. I'm kinda taking a break from studying, laying down on my bed thinking, imagine the energy it takes to do that job, you gotta be really sociable.

·
Super Moderator
10,011 Posts
My monitor that went bad a few nights ago, it now works fine again. Just hours after I ordered a new monitor. Although that new monitor won't be coming for another 3 weeks. Which is awfully long. Maybe because the holiday shopping rush has already started. I guess I will see if the monitor will last until then. If it does, I am going to have a hard time deciding whether to keep it or not as a backup.

• Sad
Reactions: Fever Dream

·
Song and action man
2,968 Posts
It's not worth it to make a left turn right when the left turn arrow goes yellow.

I did it today and almost got slammed into by two cars anxiously awaiting their light turning green. I'm not sure this visual make much sense.

Perhaps my point is I should be more grateful it's been a while since I had any bad car accidents

·
Super Moderator
38,325 Posts
It's not worth it to make a left turn right when the left turn arrow goes yellow.

I did it today and almost got slammed into by two cars anxiously awaiting their light turning green. I'm not sure this visual make much sense.

Perhaps my point is I should be more grateful it's been a while since I had any bad car accidents
What freaks me out is now they have traffic cameras everywhere. I hate that feeling I get when I'm coming up on a green light that I know is probably going to go yellow just at that point where I could still stop if I really stomped the brakes but it makes more sense to keep going but if I do, it will definitely turn red when I'm in the middle of the intersection. I get sick to my stomach thinking about getting a ticket in the mail with a grainy picture of my car and an arrow pointing at it saying "We saw what ya did!"

·
Song and action man
2,968 Posts
What freaks me out is now they have traffic cameras everywhere. I hate that feeling I get when I'm coming up on a green light that I know is probably going to go yellow just at that point where I could still stop if I really stomped the brakes but it makes more sense to keep going but if I do, it will definitely turn red when I'm in the middle of the intersection. I get sick to my stomach thinking about getting a ticket in the mail with a grainy picture of my car and an arrow pointing at it saying "We saw what ya did!"
Oh yeah, my aunt whose the most defensive driver in the world got one of those tickets in the mail years back. It was like at close to midnight as well when she was on the road and apparently went through a red light.

I keep waiting one day for a ticket in the mail along with a pic of my car but that they hasn't came yet

·
Super Moderator
10,011 Posts
The city I live here use to be notorious with catching red light violators with cameras. Until people started detaching them and steal them to fence for money and this would keep happening whenever they're replaced. I am not sure what kind of black market there is that would want to buy a red light camera. But this happens constantly too with mall security cameras. The irony. Eventually the city gave up putting in replacements. So now a lot of drivers will just run red lights again.

Reactions: WillYouStopDave

·
Registered
18,106 Posts
For some reason people seem to be obsessed with The Book Thief lately by Markus Zusak. I got to know him a bit ages ago when I was probably manic and he signed a number of things for me. It's weird how books can just sit there for ages and then all of a sudden you'll sell a few in a row.

·
Super Moderator
38,325 Posts
My monitor that went bad a few nights ago, it now works fine again. Just hours after I ordered a new monitor. Although that new monitor won't be coming for another 3 weeks. Which is awfully long. Maybe because the holiday shopping rush has already started. I guess I will see if the monitor will last until then. If it does, I am going to have a hard time deciding whether to keep it or not as a backup.
Sounds like something that will probably happened again. Probably some component on one of the boards is on the verge of dying. A capacitor maybe. If electronics are predictable in any sense of the word, it would be that anything that happens once will probably happen again.

·
Super Moderator
10,011 Posts
Sounds like something that will probably happened again. Probably some component on one of the boards is on the verge of dying. A capacitor maybe. If electronics are predictable in any sense of the word, it would be that anything that happens once will probably happen again.
Yup it happened again after I returned from my walk and I tried turning it back on. Although after awhile of letting it blink on/off for a few minutes, it managed to stay on and works again. So it seems to happen after I have to turn it back on and when the monitor is warm. Let see if it can last for a few more weeks until the new monitor comes. 🤔

·
Permanently An Idiot
2,573 Posts
My sinuses are killing me so I decided that having a good cry would be the answer. Turns out the best way to do that is to sing along to Surface Pressure from Encanto. Yay for finally having a Disney song I can fully relate to?

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
Well, I guess the highlight of my day is that I finally got my fireplace heater I paid for months ago. It's a fake fireplace but it looks like one so that was cool. And I bought a few Monster energy drinks. Got fast food cause I was pretty hungry by the end of my shift.

I gotta say this past month and a half has been pretty stressful in general, though. Need to add some excitement to the dull things in my life.

201 - 220 of 279 Posts