Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 273 Posts

·
Administrator
9,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Are You Thinking About Right Now? and Random Thought of The Day were recently merged because of how similar they were. I don’t think many people saw a difference between them, but some people might think of one as being for your current thought and one as being for a random thought you had that day.

I’m making this to replace Random Thought of The Day in a way that makes it more different to What Are You Thinking About Right Now? and it is in Just For Fun.

If you thought something weird/random like “I wonder how many drops of water it takes to fill a bath“ or “Why don’t rolls of wrapping paper have a little metal cutter like rolls of foil?” you can post it here. :)

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
8,566 Posts
The first hard drive I owned, was 100 MB if I recall correctly - I could compress it to fit 300 MB which at the time I thought was amazing. The size of the drive was a bit larger than my palm. The first gig hdd I purchased was impressive to me, I thought I could fill it with various data but it would be enough to give me the freedom to pick and choose programs relatively easily while backing up what I didn't need to a jumbo tape drive. Later, I thought 80gb drives were amazing.

Now I am holding in my hand, a SD card that is smaller than my thumb nail and can hold 250gb of data - and it was less expensive than my 1gb HDD that I purchased in the 90s. I wonder how much capacity the typical computer will hold in 2032.

·
Super Moderator
38,294 Posts
So I actually just learned that PVC plumbing cement seems to be a reasonably good way to patch a leak in an air mattress.

My dad sleeps on an air mattress (long story). Which he has one of those that has a secondary pump that monitors and tops it off when needed.

A day or two ago, my dad said that it almost went completely flat on him during the night. Fortunately, it wasn't hard to find the leak. It was a small rip at one of the seams that was letting out enough air that you could feel it just walking by.

I saw someone suggest the plumbing cement in a youtube comments section and remembered that I bought a container of it a few months ago because it was on sale. I didn't really expect it to work because I have had bad luck attempting to repair leaky air mattresses in the past (although I never actually tried using a proper patch).

I figured I'd try it. Let out the air, applied the cement with a small paintbrush. Let it dry a few hours, reinflated and it was completely sealed. I was pretty surprised. I don't know how long it'll last (I'm still expecting the leak to come back pretty soon but I have other ideas to make it more better the next time.

·
Super Moderator
38,294 Posts
So I actually just learned that PVC plumbing cement seems to be a reasonably good way to patch a leak in an air mattress.

My dad sleeps on an air mattress (long story). Which he has one of those that has a secondary pump that monitors and tops it off when needed.

A day or two ago, my dad said that it almost went completely flat on him during the night. Fortunately, it wasn't hard to find the leak. It was a small rip at one of the seams that was letting out enough air that you could feel it just walking by.

I saw someone suggest the plumbing cement in a youtube comments section and remembered that I bought a container of it a few months ago because it was on sale. I didn't really expect it to work because I have had bad luck attempting to repair leaky air mattresses in the past (although I never actually tried using a proper patch).

I figured I'd try it. Let out the air, applied the cement with a small paintbrush. Let it dry a few hours, reinflated and it was completely sealed. I was pretty surprised. I don't know how long it'll last (I'm still expecting the leak to come back pretty soon but I have other ideas to make it more better the next time.
So this is actually still holding. I didn't expect it to last more than a day or two but somehow, it has. So I'm gonna wait until it fails to even mess with it because that was a quick, simple fix that can simply be repeated as necessary. Though it might not be a perfect fix for every leak because we've had air mattresses before that apparently had pinhole leaks we could never find. I dunno. Maybe you could find them with a FLIR or something but I don't have one so.

·
Super Moderator
9,996 Posts
Ever since the RGB lighting and bulb craze, looking towards residential buildings and houses at night, I see a wide array pallete of colors from windows. It's like living in a Andy Warhol-esque dimension.

Reactions: iAmCodeMonkey

·
Administrator
9,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought more people would post in this thread because Random Thought of the Day was always popular, so that’s weird.

Today/tomorrow is 111 222 🙂 (if you remove the 0 from 2022).

• Love
Reactions: iAmCodeMonkey

·
Super Moderator
38,294 Posts
I remember when I was a kid we had a pet hamster and sometimes I'd put him on my pillow beside my head. He'd stick his nose in my ear and that was the strangest sound. Like to me, it was hilarious because you don't normally know what a hamster breathing sounds like. But also, his whiskers would tickle the entrance to my ear. :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
38,294 Posts
That moment when you see a slow-moving bug moving slow but then you realize that it's actually going marginally faster than it's usual cruising speed (because you've scared it). And then it dawns on you that the bug is actually presently in overdrive and probably thinks it's haulin' ***. Like an old person who is shuffling along pretty slow but in their mind, they see everything rushing towards them at warp speed.

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
A decent night's sleep and the right dose of medication really does make you feel a lot better. Also having my own place and more money gives me the stability that I haven't had for so long. So much fear and general "madness" before - I hope that's a thing of the past.

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
My local dollar store really loaded up on the Lay's Stax Potato Crisps. They have almost a whole half-aisle of them. They're pretty much Pringles knockoffs - same shape, but actually a heartier potato flavor and thicker. However, they come not in a more environmentally friendly cardboard can but a sturdy plastic container. This seems like a bit of a waste because they go very quickly, leaving you with a container that may or may not be recycled. It'd be nice if they'd reconsider their packaging.

·
Super Moderator
38,294 Posts
My local dollar store really loaded up on the Lay's Stax Potato Crisps. They have almost a whole half-aisle of them. They're pretty much Pringles knockoffs - same shape, but actually a heartier potato flavor and thicker. However, they come not in a more environmentally friendly cardboard can but a sturdy plastic container. This seems like a bit of a waste because they go very quickly, leaving you with a container that may or may not be recycled. It'd be nice if they'd reconsider their packaging.
I'm honestly afraid to eat anything from Dollar Tree. Maybe I shouldn't be but am.

·
Super Moderator
9,996 Posts
"That's... so... sad. I'm sorry to hear that. Most people I know who have a bad relationship with their parents, they are usually at least close to their siblings because they usually bond with each other and team up over it. So your scenario is very unusual, it is surprising to me. Aww... "

I was told something like this by someone earlier today, when we talked about siblings and how I told her I am very distant from mine. I've always tried to not think of it and take it in stride, but of course... I can only fool myself blissfully and internally suppress so much. 😅

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
I'm honestly afraid to eat anything from Dollar Tree. Maybe I shouldn't be but am.
You're missing out. They have great stuff - same stuff you'd find anyplace else, for $1 (although I think they raised their prices on some things just recently because my total was higher than the number of items I had last time). Sure, they have some off brands as well, but it's all okay. Heck, I once spotted the former governor of Pennsylvania, Tom Corbett, exiting the one near me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
food and clothing because the clothing ads popping up are highly distracting
will things get better would
this morning I was thinking because there were strange noises outside, if the world was ending and ppl were turning into zombies would I be able to be like Michonne from the walking dead I'm to scared to leave my room and if was to happen at this moment I haven't had a shower yet

·
Super Moderator
9,996 Posts
"Never say or make a negative comment about someone, especially when you realize the same thing can be said about you in return."

^^ Something I need to have more discipline in. Even when everyone else around me are doing so as a tool for bonding and mingling.

·
Super Moderator
9,996 Posts

·
Protector of the Den
15,322 Posts
Hope it is normal to intend to type something and then to goof it up without realizing. Just went over something I wrote on here and I put one instead of on and you instead of your. I used to put the wrong version of there all the time even though I know when to use each version. I then would usually catch it and edit it. Seems I'm getting worse on this kind of thing. Hopefully it is I'm just not getting enough sleep.

·
Super Moderator
38,294 Posts
Hope it is normal to intend to type something and then to goof it up without realizing. Just went over something I wrote on here and I put one instead of on and you instead of your.
I noticed that but knew what you meant. I butcher just about everything I post in some way or another. I think most of it (in my case) is due to using a pretty cheap wireless keyboard. I seriously think that some of my typing mishaps might be the keyboard getting it's wires crossed and sending the wrong characters in the wrong order or something.

But OTOH, I don't proofread stuff as much as I used to and I honestly probably never did it enough before I posted. I remember I used to edit everything I posted a zillion times because I'd post it and then read it and see a mistake and fix it and then see another one and fix it and so on.

1 - 20 of 273 Posts