Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
5501 - 5520 of 5590 Posts

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
7,709 Posts
I have noticed, that groups of people don't usually have a positive theme going on, not when you dig very deep into them anyway, they are usually complaining about others, and people who don't act the same way are more of an irritant than anything. I think there is a rational reason for this, as I think the cohesion of most groups is due to having a common problem, without one groups will often make one.

That just leads me to yet another thought, if there were no problems to be concerned with, and no problems that could be created, would groups of people even be a thing? Would people still gravitate to one another, or would they slowly go their own way? I think the one uniting thing for people, is trying to solve problems - if there were no problems, nothing left to solve what would it be holding them together in larger groups?

I have noticed many times in the past, positive people are usually the target of others, they are actively ridiculed, called frauds, delusional, whatever. Cynics on the other hand, are often embraced, considered "real", tell it "how it is" believed to be realists, and people feel more trustful of them in a group setting, I think the reason for this is that positive people are like a solvent for the cohesion present in most group settings.

·
Super Moderator
34,310 Posts
I don't think this Lasko tower fan is ever gonna die. It's got to be at least 10 years old at this point and pretty much runs nonstop in the hot months. I had to superglue some structural plastic piece inside it sometime about a year ago because it was super wobbly and something had broken inside. I want to buy another one just like it but they are kinda pricy.

·
bipolar
17,111 Posts
I don't know if this woman is going to get back to me about this book - or if I even want her to. She has a vague understanding of what it's worth but it's still way underpriced. The numbers are just bigger and scarier, for me anyway.

·
aldehyde dehydrogenaser
7,436 Posts
Beneath the buzz of the lightbulb above, she stays up, lights a cigarette and looks deep into the night as a sentient, conscious being wondering if things will be fine.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,067 Posts
I've started tapping into games discourse again for the first time in years and it's pretty funny.

Female power fantasy is being extremely sexy and a goddess worshipped by all but that one ***** who nobody likes anyways, also they have super (usually magickal) powers and can bend space and time and **** - stereotypically. Basically Bayonetta.
I might ship 'that one *****' with the other female character tbf.

Can you pleaseeee do more of April and Ben? They have one of the most underrated (platonic) relationships on the show
Gal pals you might say.

I misread this as them commenting about April and Ann having the most underrated platonic relationship and never mind. I also kind of shipped Ben and April at some point years ago, but I can't make the gal pals joke about that my day is ruined. I should specify that I don't use ship in the way others do as in 'this seems like a sensible/good relationship' and more 'lets explore this because it's compelling at this current point in time.'

You do know Bayonetta was designed to appeal to the male power fantasy, in a female body, right? This is basic games psychology.
Understandable I have a lot of male power fantasies in my female body.

I haven't played bayonetta, is she a hot demon librarian? I'm going to pretend that's her thing.

·
Loathed Loiterer
8,265 Posts
Forced friendships/relationships are annoying. Especially when the obligation rekindle that forced friendships keeps coming back again and again to make a 3rd party happy. When said friendship doesn't sustain or grow, I get all the blame for it.

Worse now is, the very 3rd party who is forcing me to do so has been ironically badmouthing me behind my back nonstop to said person, so this person's bad perception of me has been gradually growing. Of course in this case, this person will of course have no interest in wanting to keep and sustain a friendship with me due to plunging respect for me. This is obvious as this person just gives me unenthusiastic one word replies now. So this obligation of mine to grow this relationship becomes harder. One that I have zero interest to begin with. Talking to this person to me is nothing but a disliked chore. Everything this person says to me, I just think to myself "I really don't freaking care, because I still barely know you and I have no interest to know you more." But nope, I have to fake my enthusiasm and have to force myself to prolong our driveling conversations out of obligation.

·
aldehyde dehydrogenaser
7,436 Posts
I just feel large. And not your typical feeling out of shape way but like, "I have to change my wardrobe because I got big" big... and I'm a petite frame so it feels kind of a lot? My body image is usually intact but now starting to shake a little. I dont know if I could pass as "small" anymore not that I ever was. Is this age? Or wut. I've never been this size but now that I am, I'm not sure what to do. "Just lose weight!" Hm.. okay. I could start with more fiber I suppose.

In other thoughts... the idgaf attitude is definitely admirable.

·
Registered
389 Posts
It's Fathers' Day today but instead of celebrating I'm secretly scared of ending up like my dad, having not achieved much in life, being manipulated by his mum, still struggling financially and being in poor health on top of that.

I got him a nice card and present but I feel like an awful person thinking things like that.

·
Loathed Loiterer
8,265 Posts
Tokyo olympics should be interesting, given how seemingly unprepared and clueless all of the in-charged parties are.

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
7,709 Posts
I've been letting my mind wander once again, and have noticed how much I like to share information with others. It is such an odd thing too, in particular I enjoy sharing things that I think would bring some form of enjoyment to people's lives, and in a way I see it as a flaw of my own personality. For someone who enjoys most of their time, in relative solitude away from others, it is a strange phenomena.

I know I'm not the only one, this seems to be a very basic tenant of human behavior, and has lead to all sorts of outcomes. I have been spending the past week, observing how people share information and what is usually interesting to me, is what they seek to get out of it. For me, I just enjoy seeing people happy, I'm a people pleaser to a fault and have often been told I am too nice and that people will walk all over me.

I like it though, and if you ever see a long winded post from me, it is usually me trying my best to bring some form of entertainment or enjoyment into your life or that of other people. I have spent a lot of time the past week, thinking about why I share the things I do, what purpose it serves, and I have come to a conclusion. For some strange reason, it makes me feel good and that is all I really want out of it all. Fame, hell no, fortune, yeah right, status.. no thanks.

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,177 Posts
Are the people that become the faces of memes famous? I wonder how they feel about it…they or a friend posts something with them in it & suddenly their face/image is being used to caption everything you can think of like some type of modern hieroglyph all across the world endlessly…

·
Loathed Loiterer
8,265 Posts
5501 - 5520 of 5590 Posts