Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
5481 - 5500 of 5589 Posts

·
Permanently An Idiot
2,271 Posts
TIL for years I've been assuming Mya and Maya Rudolph were the same person. 🤦‍♂️

·
😒🤡
6,603 Posts
No one wants to see the similarities between the two figures in the mail but they have a very different opinion about how much they can do to help the meat. 🤣

·
Loathed Loiterer
8,256 Posts
Documentary films always have the most visually arousing posters.

·
Registered
383 Posts
"We buy things we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't like..."

I always remember this quote from a self improvement book I read and for some reason it really spoke to me.

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,175 Posts
****ing plant people…

“Why don’t you grow this or that?”

“I don’t have a green thumb”

“You don’t need a green thumb”(they all say this)

“Perhaps not, but if you want things living & thriving you don’t want me managing it”

I’ve killed every plant I’ve ever owned & it’s not for want of research or trying, I’m not good at it, & what’s more I have zero interest in it, I’m fine with that. But no, plant people can’t accept that, cause “you don’t need a green thumb…you just don’t want to learn”…

I smoke herb daily, doubtless would be cheaper to grow my own, that would be my in if I had an interest, but I don’t have an interest. At this very moment my bro has a plant here & he’s been gone for days, so far I’ve been told by my plant obsessive neighbour that I gave it too much sun & not enough water, now it feels like I may not be giving enough light & maybe too much water, who knows, not me especially, but what I do know, he won’t be impressed when he gets home, & if he never returned that plant would die sooner than later. I’m not good at it, same **** people say when I say guitar is easy, sure I can get em playing a song or two, that doesn’t mean they will take to it or even improve from learning a song or two even if they try, sometimes you just know your strengths & weaknesses or skills & lack thereof, put me in charge or plants & they will die, ask me to fo music stuff & it will be well sorted, would be nice if plant people could accept that instead of giving speeches when I’m honest about how I do in that realm

·
Loathed Loiterer
8,256 Posts
Going through my pictures, I just remember I ran into this over memorial day weekend on my hike. I think that was the first time I actually saw a rattlesnake in real life. The most frightening thing was my dog was not leashed. So it could've been very bad.

Reactions: Dissonance

·
😒🤡
6,603 Posts
The people here got a new puppy and he's so cute. The joys of not having my own pet but still getting to pet one without the responsibility. Lol The other dog is jealous of him. So she came over to me to get pets from me while I was petting the puppy. Also, Zeke is a funny name for a dog. 😂

·
Super Moderator
34,295 Posts
The people here got a new puppy and he's so cute. The joys of not having my own pet but still getting to pet one without the responsibility. Lol The other dog is jealous of him. So she came over to me to get pets from me while I was petting the puppy. Also, Zeke is a funny name for a dog. 😂
There's these people I watch on Youtube. Their dog's name is Frank. I always thought that was hilarious.

I think it would be funny to name a dog Harold or Walter or something. :LOL: Or Martha.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,047 Posts
****ing plant people…

“Why don’t you grow this or that?”

“I don’t have a green thumb”

“You don’t need a green thumb”(they all say this)

“Perhaps not, but if you want things living & thriving you don’t want me managing it”

I’ve killed every plant I’ve ever owned & it’s not for want of research or trying, I’m not good at it, & what’s more I have zero interest in it, I’m fine with that. But no, plant people can’t accept that, cause “you don’t need a green thumb…you just don’t want to learn”…

I smoke herb daily, doubtless would be cheaper to grow my own, that would be my in if I had an interest, but I don’t have an interest. At this very moment my bro has a plant here & he’s been gone for days, so far I’ve been told by my plant obsessive neighbour that I gave it too much sun & not enough water, now it feels like I may not be giving enough light & maybe too much water, who knows, not me especially, but what I do know, he won’t be impressed when he gets home, & if he never returned that plant would die sooner than later. I’m not good at it, same **** people say when I say guitar is easy, sure I can get em playing a song or two, that doesn’t mean they will take to it or even improve from learning a song or two even if they try, sometimes you just know your strengths & weaknesses or skills & lack thereof, put me in charge or plants & they will die, ask me to fo music stuff & it will be well sorted, would be nice if plant people could accept that instead of giving speeches when I’m honest about how I do in that realm
Are there a lot of people like that around where you live? Nobody I've known has their own garden and most have always lived in flats, and none of them really know anything about plants (I know you can grow some stuff on balconies or inside but yeah,) besides my family where there's been multiple gardeners. My mum is really into gardening and knows a lot about plants and worked in a garden centre for a few years in her 20s.

Sorry I get that must be annoying if they keep saying that, I'm just kind of amused by the idea of plant people wandering around insisting people grow things, also I really like people who like plants for some reason. Maybe because of some attachment thing as my mum is into them. I saw some guy walking down the road with a plant pot recently and then my brother said 'maybe he's walking his pet plant' and I thought that was a really cute idea. Like why don't people go for walks with their plants? Besides moving them isn't ideal and all the other stuff that means that's a bad idea. I'd watch a TV show with plant walking guy though.

Then some of them get really cute about the plants (timestamped):

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,175 Posts
Are there a lot of people like that around where you live? Nobody I've known has their own garden and most have always lived in flats, and none of them really know anything about plants (I know you can grow some stuff on balconies or inside but yeah,) besides my family where there's been multiple gardeners. My mum is really into gardening and knows a lot about plants and worked in a garden centre for a few years in her 20s.

Sorry I get that must be annoying if they keep saying that, I'm just kind of amused by the idea of plant people wandering around insisting people grow things, also I really like people who like plants for some reason. Maybe because of some attachment thing as my mum is into them. I saw some guy walking down the road with a plant pot recently and then my brother said 'maybe he's walking his pet plant' and I thought that was a really cute idea. Like why don't people go for walks with their plants? Besides moving them isn't ideal and all the other stuff that means that's a bad idea. I'd watch a TV show with plant walking guy though.

Then some of them get really cute about the plants (timestamped):

I’m not sure if it’s common but my neighbour is plant obsessed & is always on about her plots & our plots & that it’s so easy, etc which annoys me & then my auntie came by & went on the same rant which annoyed me even more, bad enough hearing it regularly from the neighbour.

In general though any time I say I don’t have a green thumb that’s the reply, “don’t need it, anyone can do it”, & I suppose it’s meant to be motivating but sometimes you just know you suck at something & it’s not a matter of effort.

Also, this is the first time in my life that I’ve lived in a house so I don’t have that natural home owner interest/pride in the yards/garden plots, to me if the yard guy(who I pay)plants something decent that doesn’t require much maintenance & keeps the grass cut that’s enough

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,047 Posts
I’m not sure if it’s common but my neighbour is plant obsessed & is always on about her plots & our plots & that it’s so easy, etc which annoys me & then my auntie came by & went on the same rant which annoyed me even more, bad enough hearing it regularly from the neighbour.

In general though any time I say I don’t have a green thumb that’s the reply, “don’t need it, anyone can do it”, & I suppose it’s meant to be motivating but sometimes you just know you suck at something & it’s not a matter of effort.

Also, this is the first time in my life that I’ve lived in a house so I don’t have that natural home owner interest/pride in the yards/garden plots, to me if the yard guy(who I pay)plants something decent that doesn’t require much maintenance & keeps the grass cut that’s enough
Yeah I think some people say things like that to be reassuring but it ends up being dismissive.

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,175 Posts
Yeah I think some people say things like that to be reassuring but it ends up being dismissive.
There is a thing about plant people though, my neighbour says that other planters around us have tried to get her to be friends with another planter neighbour

5481 - 5500 of 5589 Posts