Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

5461 - 5480 of 5522 Posts

·
Loathed Loiterer
8,149 Posts
Today marks the 21st day of the month, in the 21st week of the year, in the 21st year of the century, in the 21st century.

·
Super Moderator
34,096 Posts
I can't believe it. I've lost the USB cable to my trusty MP3 player. And it's not just any USB cable. It's a mini USB (not micro USB) and it's the only one I have. I use that player when I work out. I have turned my room upside down looking for it and it simply is nowhere to be found. I'm either going to have to order another one or order the next newest model of that player. Probably going to go cheap and get just the cable but I bought that player in 2008 I think. I'm not getting this done for less than about 8 bucks and MP3 players are kinda cheap now.
To think I kept up with that stupid thing all this time and somehow just lost it somewhere in this room. I know it has to be here. I hate that. I look for it and then give up and then look for it and give up.

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
7,661 Posts
@WillYouStopDave
I hate losing things, it drives me nutty. Even when I can find an alternate means of a solution for whatever I have lost, it will remain in my head that something is lost, and I will systematically tear the house apart looking for it, which becomes a long process because I will clean up after myself too. I have a routine for my things, I know where everything belongs, I put everything back in place, but sometimes, it just happens, and something gets lost.

It doesn't help that I have a couple of people, whom I absolutely adore, but don't follow the same process as me, who kind of wander off with items and place them randomly around the house 🤣

What is always funny to me though, is while looking for that one item, I will find other items that were lost and I was unable to find. I know eventually, I will find the item that was lost, while looking for another item that was lost. It could be months though.

·
Super Moderator
34,096 Posts
What is always funny to me though, is while looking for that one item, I will find other items that were lost and I was unable to find. I know eventually, I will find the item that was lost, while looking for another item that was lost. It could be months though.
I usually don't find it when I'm looking for it. I usually find it randomly when I'm not even looking for it.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
It was a bot, but hey, some of my best friends are bots 🤣 I wonder what the data is being used for.

·
Loathed Loiterer
8,149 Posts
1 on 1 car rides with certain people are stressful, when you know uncomfortable conversations will likely come up. Meanwhile I have to constantly try to avoid running into prolonged silence which will generally always trigger these conversations from coming up. But avoiding prolonged silence, I am usually horrible at.

Reactions: WillYouStopDave

·
Long Term Member
Yo
5,397 Posts
For being a latino man, I never really cared too much about machismo. It's a way of life I don't really agree with or care about. Perhaps the self reliance aspect is good, to be able to take care of yourself is a positive attribute. But I really lack the latino aspect in my latino american persona from a outsiders perspective. I don't really care about labels, I'm more concerned with being myself, even if it's a traditional gender role women expect me to be, I just do me.

·
Loathed Loiterer
8,149 Posts
I just realize how pathetically computer illiterate when I am clueless to even understand most of the words in step#1 of installing a personal wiki program. Or even understanding the overall concept of how it works and functions. Which for your everyday casual computer user who isn't a babyboomer or older, this is something routine and simple. For someone of my age generation to be so illiterate, this is just sad.

·
😒🤡
6,446 Posts
lol My oldest sister texted me saying her and my other sister found my CDs and she said it had some good **** in it and they both wanted it. I take that as a compliment. 😂 I told her she could have them since I reordered some of those anyways. I guess they officially found all my CDs. Wonder why it took almost 7 years to find them. :unsure:

·
Super Moderator
34,096 Posts
Man. Has anyone ever had to buy a refrigerator on short notice? We had an issue where our old one died today (it wasn't fully dead but it was on it's way down and we knew we had to act fast). So we tried all the usual places I could think of. I have never had to buy any kind of appliances before. Lowes, Home Depot, Best Buy. All of them told us it would be at least a week for delivery. I mean, what? These people have a massive section filled with refrigerators and they can't deliver one the same day? We were going to buy one of the expensive ones too so they were going to make a good sale.

We ended up (somehow) at Rent A Center. And they just happened to have one that would do (wasn't quite as big as we wanted but wasn't much smaller). And the main selling point was they could get it to us today. They had three refrigerators in the whole place.

So now we have a severely limping old refrigerator in the middle of the floor and a new one in the spot where the old one spent the last however many years toiling away at keeping all our stuff cold. That was the down side. They were willing to deliver today but they wouldn't take the old one away. So now I'm going to have to get the old one out to the garage (somehow) tomorrow and then I'll have to figure out how to get rid of it. Probably nobody will want it. It still barely works but other than that, I don't think it would be of any use to anyone.

Luckily, I have a hand truck so I can at least get it out of the house and into the garage where it will await it's final departure.

·
Super Moderator
34,096 Posts
So the old one sat in here all night. This morning I decided to take it out to the garage on the hand truck. Holy hell was that thing heavy! I think newer refrigerators are lighter but this one was made in the early 2000s and it must have weighed at least 300 pounds.

I emptied the tray before moving it and it still leaked all the way out and left a trail of it's tears on the way. So now it is in a dark corner of the garage still leaking stuff out of it. I would open the garage door so the stuff has more chance to evaporate but I worry a raccoon will get in there.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
So the old one sat in here all night. This morning I decided to take it out to the garage on the hand truck. Holy hell was that thing heavy! I think newer refrigerators are lighter but this one was made in the early 2000s and it must have weighed at least 300 pounds.

I emptied the tray before moving it and it still leaked all the way out and left a trail of it's tears on the way. So now it is in a dark corner of the garage still leaking stuff out of it. I would open the garage door so the stuff has more chance to evaporate but I worry a raccoon will get in there.
They are a real PITA to move around, when I worked at a thrift store we had to pick them up as donations quite a lot, or deliver them. Often we would have to take off the doors to get them to fit through the front door, then avoid all of the obstacles in the house. When we were unlucky, we would have to take the front door off the house as well as take the doors off the fridge 🤣 Couches were the worst though, especially having to twist and turn them all over the place. I must say though, the absolute worst furniture to move are those huge china cabinets. Those things were a nightmare, especially with all of the glass that were in them.. that and flimsy yet huge entertainment centers.. yay us!

There are usually small appliance shops that will take the refrigerators for free. They like to fix them up and sell them, that is how I usually get rid of my refrigerators when they need to be replaced. Our last one died about a year ago, and we had to pack up our camping coolers to keep everything cold - thankfully I have a pretty big one and a freezer. The funny thing is, after I moved it out on our patio I plugged it in and it started working again.. that is after weeks of it not working. I tore that thing apart, trying to figure out what was wrong with it.. Oh well, now I have two refrigerators - one on the patio that keeps my beers cold 🙃🤣

·
Super Moderator
34,096 Posts
@zonebox

We have a massive and very heavy entertainment center we bought at Best Buy probably in the late 90s. It hasn't moved an inch since 2005 when we first moved here because it's so heavy it is almost impossible for one person to move it. Funny enough, when we moved here we must have had a moving company move it because I know I didn't move that thing. Especially knowing that we lived on the second floor where we moved from. Must have taken at least three people to take it down those stairs and get it in here. I remember putting it together when we first got it and I guess I was able to move it then but that was probably 21 years ago.

·
Super Moderator
34,096 Posts
Another eventful day. We decided that the freezer section on the new one was just too small so we went and bought a smallish chest freezer to solve that. Even a small one holds a lot. But man. It was a PITA to get it in and out of the car! My dad smashed the utter and complete hell out of one of my fingers in the process. I hollered like a seal.

5461 - 5480 of 5522 Posts