Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1861 - 1880 of 1901 Posts

·
customusertitle
967 Posts
I’ve heard we’re getting another song in ancient Egyptian, so that’s nice
They did three more actually.

1- The "first call" the one they sang when the boats exited the Karnak temple. (basically a hymn for Amun Ra') (beginning to 07:42)
2- Hatshepsut's inauguration song (to 13:23)
3- Another hymn for Amun Ra' as the boats arrived at Luxor temple (up to 17:09)

The words + a lot of the details are taken from actual carvings.

I didn't like the Hatshepsut one that much * sigh * (I read the lyrics though and they were cool).

I guess I like the Amun Ra' hymn. The chorus is kinda catchy :unsure: (timestamped) :

I think there were a bunch of minor flaws that annoyed me though (mostly synchronization issues, also some tone consistency issues).

I liked the musical transition from ancient/solemn to modern/cheery from 23:20 to 24:00 . I think it was well done. Also, ending with the fireworks was cool.

·
Super Moderator
35,387 Posts
I don't know how they ever got away with the endless "remasters" that sound exactly the same as the originals (or sometimes worse). This is among the best Eagles songs but this "2018 remaster" does not sound any better to my ears than it did the first time I heard it on an almost worn out cassette tape in the early 90s.

·
😒🤡
7,358 Posts
I don't know how they ever got away with the endless "remasters" that sound exactly the same as the originals (or sometimes worse). This is among the best Eagles songs but this "2018 remaster" does not sound any better to my ears than it did the first time I heard it on an almost worn out cassette tape in the early 90s.

I never understood remastered versions either to be honest. I listen to them anyways but never notice much of difference. I guess they're supposed to sound slightly more clear. Just enough to where you barely notice it. Idk.

The world is funny sometimes. 🤣

·
Super Moderator
35,387 Posts
I never understood remastered versions either to be honest. I listen to them anyways but never notice much of difference. I guess they're supposed to sound slightly more clear. Just enough to where you barely notice it. Idk.

The world is funny sometimes. 🤣
I suspect it's usually a money grab. I don't know enough about the music business to know exactly why that might be but it sure doesn't benefit the fan in any meaningful way to buy the same material in hopes of better sound quality and not even being able to tell the difference.

I believe (if I'm not mistaken) a true remaster is supposed to be done using the original recordings before they were mixed and so if the original recordings were of good quality, it would be possible (in theory) to make it sound like it was recorded yesterday. Since the music studios in those days were supposed to have the highest quality equipment and recording media available at the time, it makes no sense to me that original recordings would not sound great if it was well recorded and stored properly. And even though everything was recorded on tape, studio tape equipment was way better than anything most people have ever heard on tape. Well, except I once recorded a bunch of CDs to my hi-fi VHS machine (just to say I did) and the sound quality was identical to the CD. So I mean, in a way, people had access to good tape equipment. Just in a roundabout way that most people probably were not aware of.

·
😒🤡
7,358 Posts
I suspect it's usually a money grab. I don't know enough about the music business to know exactly why that might be but it sure doesn't benefit the fan in any meaningful way to buy the same material in hopes of better sound quality and not even being able to tell the difference.

I believe (if I'm not mistaken) a true remaster is supposed to be done using the original recordings before they were mixed and so if the original recordings were of good quality, it would be possible (in theory) to make it sound like it was recorded yesterday. Since the music studios in those days were supposed to have the highest quality equipment and recording media available at the time, it makes no sense to me that original recordings would not sound great if it was well recorded and stored properly. And even though everything was recorded on tape, studio tape equipment was way better than anything most people have ever heard on tape. Well, except I once recorded a bunch of CDs to my hi-fi VHS machine (just to say I did) and the sound quality was identical to the CD. So I mean, in a way, people had access to good tape equipment. Just in a roundabout way that most people probably were not aware of.
Yea, everything always comes down to money pretty much. Like how a lot of CDs have bonus tracks, too. But that does benefit the fan in some way if they buy CDs cause they get the extra track/tracks even if it means spending a bit more money. But having a remastered version of a song that probably sounds the same or slightly different...that's nothing compared to a bonus track...lol No, it really don't. 🤣

·
Banned
582 Posts
For the first time in my life I decided to buy something during black Friday. I was glancing on my streaming service and I noticed a black Friday’s deal. Godzilla vs Kong was only 3 euros instead of 5 I decided to watch it and despite the discount I still feel robbed.

·
😒🤡
7,358 Posts
I don't believe in the devil but then I see YouTube videos about people in the music industry selling their soul to the devil. Lol And I'm like 😳😂 But I know it's not literal. But it's still weird. 😳

Dark side of YouTube again. 😂

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
It annoys me how some of the newer action flicks are using this sound effect again to compliment the obligatory slow motion mid action scene. I've always thought the trend wore out years ago.

·
Super Moderator
35,387 Posts
It annoys me how some of the newer action flicks are using this sound effect again to compliment the obligatory slow motion mid action scene. I've always thought the trend wore out years ago.

Someone should make a movie and use one of these in slow motion effects for the same scene

·
Dogra Magra
2,879 Posts
Binge watching early seasons of Frasier and this episode really bugs me:

Frasier gets bid on by a beautiful model at a bachelor auction. Putting aside how unrealistic that is in itself, she later shows up at their date with her daughter and asks Frasier to babysit for a bit while she runs off to some last-minute modelling gig. The child tells Frasier about how her mum is abusive to her and her dad (divorced) is completely neglectful. When the mum returns, Frasier is of course irate and confronts her about it, to which she replies that her daughter made the whole thing up.

Frasier: And why would she lie about something like that?
Model: Because she's 12 and she hates me?

In typical fashion for the show, the model storms off angrily with her daughter, with Frasier begging after her to give him another chance.

This was probably from the 1990s, but it just does not sit well with me how the woman just left her child alone at a complete stranger's place (even if he's a celebrity), and when the stranger tries to defend her child, she gets angry at him. She's basically implying that you can't believe anything a 12-year-old says because they're all liars for attention, and she was offended that Frasier didn't spontaneously get that. If this is the message she's giving to her daughter in their regular interactions, I can see why the girl turned out this way.

It reminds me of a bit from Two and a Half Men, where Jake is called to a parent-teacher meeting for flipping off the teacher. While the teacher is having a word with his parents in the classroom, his uncle Charlie gets him out in the hallway and gives him a "pep talk".

Jake: But there was a reason I gave her the finger. Shouldn't they at least hear my side out first?
Charlie: You're 11. You have no side.

Just something about how this scene is framed as "Uncle Charlie giving Jake the Real Life Lessons" doesn't land well. I haven't watched enough of the show to be able to give a good overview. But there seems to be a theme of Charlie teaching Jake "dirty tricks" to get out of trouble, which would be regarded as a corruptive influence... except the people disciplining Jake (his parents and teachers) are pretty toxic themselves, and might just be giving out inconsistent and self-serving rules/punishments that don't teach him anything of value.

·
SAS Member
43,979 Posts
The basic thesis of the show seems to be, “if Emily Dickinson were alive today, she’d be Billie Eilish.”
Lol no.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Idiots in cars compilations is one of my favorite things to watch on youtube right now. but I wonder.. am I increasing my chances of getting into an accident by watching this stuff? Like kinda a karma sorta thing? Jesus take the wheel cause I cant stop

Btw - when your light turns green PLEASE still look both ways before you go people seem to like flying through those red lights.

·
Super Moderator
35,387 Posts
Idiots in cars compilations is one of my favorite things to watch on youtube right now. but I wonder.. am I increasing my chances of getting into an accident by watching this stuff? Like kinda a karma sorta thing? Jesus take the wheel cause I cant stop

Btw - when your light turns green PLEASE still look both ways before you go people seem to like flying through those red lights.
My nightmare scenario is getting rear ended by a large vehicle going at full speed while waiting to turn left at one of those turns that doesn't have a turn lane. I usually will not even try to turn and instead will go down and turn around and come back. And also, intersections definitely can be dangerous regardless of the lights. But I admit I don't usually pay much attention when the light is green. Almost nobody would run a red light but occasionally....

·
SAS Member
14,482 Posts
Netflix finally cancelled that terrible Cowboy Bebop tv show. About time. I only watched two episode and i felt way too much second hand embarrassment. Super cringe garbage.

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
Joe Millionaire (2003): Once I married him, I will be financially set and comfortable for life, living in a lavish home, just living to pursue my passions and enjoyment liberally. If we were to have kids, we are set to send and pay for their college.

Joe Millionaire (2022): Once I married him, we might have a good shot at being the winning offer for a starter home in an okay neighborhood.

·
SAS Member
43,979 Posts
I don't know anything about Yung Blud because I'm old and I haven't watched this video yet (maybe I will later I was kind of doing something else so it will have to wait, I'm not sure I care about the topic) but I'm surprised he has a YouTube channel. At first I thought it was just some random guy making a video about this musician then realised who he was was (the lead singer of The Darkness.) Tbh I forget they exist too though they're apparently still active.

Hmm no I'm more distracted now he had a video about Avril Lavigne haha. (I didn't watch that either)

Is that Travis Barker? (Edit: yes.)

She goes back to her roots about once a decade.

lol (timestamp)

·
😒🤡
7,358 Posts
I want to see the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie. It says its only going to be an hour and 21 minutes, though. So thats pretry short for a film. The only one I watched that I didnt like so far was the one that came out in like 2012 or whatever year it was.

·
Registered
65 Posts

yo place the verbs in the right space
most these dudes i find fake
they need introduction like blind dates
and get devoured like fine steaks
Ima veteran so show respect
the rhyme is nice the flow is best
thats the level when i write a verse
you fighting first?
battle me?...your life is cursed