Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1841 - 1860 of 1861 Posts

·
customusertitle
951 Posts
Just finished Squid game. That ending is just horrible imo. 😑
I was really in binge-mode yesterday, so I watched another show I never heard about, but has a vaguely similar theme:

I think Netflix was like "oh you watched one Asian show about games? here's another Asian show about games" lol. 😂

I think I liked this one better? I've never really watched any Japanese show or movie or anything before though (I think this one's based on a manga?). I got put off a few of times during the show * , because some characters would have like really extreme reactions to things and the way some people behaved didn't really make sense.

I don't really like rating shows because I mostly just watch out of boredom / depression and just skip through most of episodes anyway. 🤷‍♀️

---

* Spoilers for the show, this is what I didn't enjoy I guess:

1 - I think I get uncomfortable when characters get too emotional for an extended period of time. I felt the part where the Arisu's friends died (it was in an early episode don't remember which). I don't like seeing people express too much intense emotions in that sort of epic (?) way, lol, made me sort of cringe. That whole episode was I was like "no. 😣". Also, the two friends were kind of boring / annoying anyway, so I didn't mind them dying tbh. :'P

2 - One of the evil militant dudes (Niragi) was so over the top it was annoying and it got really ridiculous, like how he slapped and spit on that dead guy, and that weird rape scene. Felt too much. Like someone just kill this guy already. 😐 (I did like his hair in like the first time he appeared, lol, but that wasn't enough to make him interesting for me :'/ )

3- The guy who played Aguni was pretty boring and I didn't care at all for how he felt in the last episode. Not sure if it's the character or the actor, but I didn't really care for him.

4- That whole last game didn't make sense lol. They way the militants were acting didn't make sense (seemed too crazy to be believable), and the way the others "forgave" them after it was over didn't make sense either. :rolleyes:

^ I don't really mind any of this stuff though, like maybe it's interesting to see something different. I tend to over-express my reaction to things.

---

There's also this one guy that was kind of interesting:

kinda got predictable near the end though (like when he figured out that subway tunnel map thing I was like "meh"). I think he was most interesting in the first game he appeared because he was just too mysterious / cool and you didn't really know he will always be ahead of everyone.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,770 Posts

Hahaha no there aren't.

The holy gen Z trinity.

I was thinking:

'I almost believed this but then that casting is too weird even by weird Hollywood casting standards'

then

'Oh wait OK so they are working on an adaptation but this isn't official casting.'

then

'so based on this continuing trajectory will we eventually see a Fruits Basket American TV series?' (That'd be way down the list really lol. And they'd have to write out all the incestuous cousin relationships, the opposite of what they did to Sailor Moon in the US dub if you will. On second thought maybe it will work fine as it is.)

Yeah you see I actually don't care so much about seeing Hollywood butcher anime I just want bishounen irl and I believe this will increase the ratio. 🧐 I think Howl's Moving Castle would be a more likely scenario seeing as they're live action-ing all the Disney films. Please don't try and make Totoro in realistic 3D, these sorts of things always end up terrifying.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,770 Posts
We are proud to finally present an album 12 years in the making – Closure / Continuation.

=O

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,770 Posts

Hahaha no there aren't.

The holy gen Z trinity.
I googled this at the time to confirm, and it seems like something is in the works? I found some site talking about it anyway but there does also seem to be a meme now going around on twitter where people say Chris Pratt is going to be starring in random things he's not which is one of the more random memes I've found. So I started to wonder if this was part of that.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,770 Posts
I still kind of think this old live version is better than the album version:

I know the album version is better quality and more polished, but I like the robotic sound (at the beginning, they sort of kept it during the chorus) and wish they kept something like that.

I think sometimes live they might still do that though more subtly:

Can't remember how it sounded at the concert I went to before.

Great live performance too:

^ it's not just them though sound engineers need to know what they're doing too.

That concert has a bunch of great performances:

Probably one of those bands where their live performances are sometimes better than album because they're more raw though. Lots of bands sound worse live but some don't. Steven Wilson/Porcupine Tree are similar.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,770 Posts
^

Go to example obviously but this Raider II is much better than album version (because of 18:52-21:00~ alone lol):

but uh in spite of that I think the album version of Index is better than live purely because the clicking thing he brought in later + the talking thing being emphasised more just kind of ruined it for me (I see what they were trying to do but it didn't work for me):

^ I've seen him live 4(?) times and it's always that version that gets played. Also never heard Raider II live probably because it's older and long but that's tragic.

This is an older live version which is much better imo:

compare to album version:

I did see Drag Ropes the first time they played that live though.

^ lol I forgot the description of that video still says Storm Corrosion cover even though it's Storm Corrosion because it was a Steven Wilson concert I guess but it's like they are Storm Corrosion so? Lol. Well I guess the rest of the live band is different. When you're your own support act lol (well no because they didn't perform that track first.) He's played that live at Steven Wilson concerts since but not with Mikael Åkerfeldt I don't think.

Uh Porcupine Tree are reuniting at a venue I don't like but I feel like I have to go mostly because if I miss out on a live rendition of Buying New Soul in the UK again. That would be the real tragedy though there's a good chance with the insane back catalogue that they won't play it.

This is another version where the studio version is really good but the live version is also really good but shorter, I dunno which one I'd go with. Leaning towards studio in this case.

The best part is this was not included on any album, it was recorded around the time of Lightbulb Sun but not included on that album then later released on a compilation album with b-sides and other unreleased stuff lol.

·
😒🤡
7,125 Posts
So I was listening to the song Slow Life by Grizzly Bear and just found out after listening to this song for over 11 years that the singer from Beach House sings in it. I always thought it was the singer from Grizzly Bear cause I never heard any other songs by them except that one for the longest time. Since I first heard of Beach House in 2013 I'm like 8 years late on knowing this. Lol 😐

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,770 Posts
The Dune film is out now. Sort of interested but I only made it through about 10% of the book years ago. Probably not interested enough to go to the cinema to watch it, and I rarely watch films at home because of attention issues. Trying to avoid the cinema these days, though I wanted to see the new Matrix film. Not sure about that either especially since I'd be going to London. Wish they released it in a year or two instead.

·
😒🤡
7,125 Posts
This song has been stuck in my head on and off today. Ugh. I don't like it at all. Lol 😒

I hear it at work every now and then and laugh quietly to myself cause sometimes I can't help but laugh. The part that really makes me laugh is the chorus. 😒

·
Super Moderator
8,724 Posts

• Haha
Reactions: Fever Dream

·
😒🤡
7,125 Posts
Ooooh, there's going to be a completely different cast in Knives Out 2. I was actually hoping there would be. Not a major fan of some of the cast but it's whatever to me as long as the movie is good. I'd like to see it in the cinema. 🤗

·
customusertitle
951 Posts

I’m crossing my fingers for this to be as good as the mummy parade.
I’ve heard we’re getting another song in ancient Egyptian, so that’s nice (that’s three in one year).

It keeps getting delayed though, so who knows.
I think it was originally planned to coincide with the ancient festival. It should still be before the end of this month though. :unsure:

I don’t think they’ll do better than the mummy stuff though. The level of attention to detail was crazy.

like ... I remember being a bit annoyed they still wouldn’t find rest because they had to be moved to the West side of the Nile for that to happen (they buried their dead on the West side in order to enter the afterlife, but both museums were built on the East side so they never crossed the Nile).

Then I saw someone post this picture recently (it’s the hieroglyph for water painted on the ground on their exit from the old museum) representing the Nile probably (so you could say they crossed “metaphorically” to the other side even if they didn’t physically cross from East to West). I thought that was pretty neat.

Looking at the video again it does seem to be intended imo: (timestamped)

·
Barbells and kittens
4,014 Posts
Now that Wheel of Time is out on Amazon Prime I think I'll listen to the audiobooks. It's been years since I read the books and I've forgotten a lot of it. I figure it'll take till spring to listen to them even at the rate I go through them.

1841 - 1860 of 1861 Posts