Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1781 - 1800 of 1801 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
This new season of "Big Brother", which is usually my favorite "reality show", is definitely the worst ever - the least interesting cast, and even the games are boring. CBS has made the inflammatory decision to make at least fifty percent of its reality show casts non-White in the name of poisonous "diversity" (they always had "diverse" casts). It's clear with "BB" that they're engineering it to get a black winner because they've never had that. So what have the six black members of this season done? They've made a secret alliance solely based on race, and they're using the non-black members as shields, 1:1. One houseguest even illustrated the strategy using white and black pieces on the chessboard. If the White players had decided to make an alliance solely on race, people would be sending RPGs into the Big Brother house. If this casting tactic keeps up with CBS, this would be a blueprint for alliances on "BB" and "Survivor" - all racially motivated, and the Whites would need to get on board and make a White alliance. It would be absolutely disastrous.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,339 Posts
Some kind of weird website thing/preview of the new Matrix film is here:

apparently the full trailer is coming tomorrow. Or today? I dunno.

If you plan on clicking this I'd probably suggest removing the uk from the end of the url because I think it will effect the experience. Unless you're in the UK. Tbh I didn't even notice the thing the first time though lol.

I like that there's a character with blue hair.

·
Sas user
3,948 Posts
Was watching some videos of travelling overnight on trains, which is something i would like to do. This one was pretty good, not to mention there are polar bears in the sequel. Just struck me how much the opposite of socially anxious the guy seems to be.

The channel does quite a few train videos, although they are a bit short. They're usually around 15 minutes, but feels longer somehow.

·
customusertitle
877 Posts
I saw this trailer for this Jordanian Netflix show about bullying

There were people arguing in the comment section about whether this is a "Muslim representation" or an "Arab representation" on Netflix. The argument got me annoyed and I though I might as well watch one episode, but ended up binging the whole series (6 episodes). I liked it! (Well, it's very intense, but it's really well done imo).

---

I thought the 1st episode was intense, but the show went to some really dark places.

Ahhh ...

Half way through I was like "Okay, I really like this show"

Also, one of the main characters is this goth girl (I was really surprised, and sort of like the combined arabic+goth asthetic, hehe).

Also, like her shirt here (timestamped):

she's also a nerd and a hacker, etc.

Okay, lol, I'm starting to sound creepy, it's a show about highschool kids -_-
(Oh wait, *looking up the actress * she's 31, now I feel a little less creepy :''D )

^ looks less interesting as a normie though.

---

The main character is also really cool but her arc is so sad ..
(Actually, I think the 6 main characters are all fleshed out pretty well).

lol, there're these weird compilations on youtube where they put a bunch of scenes with Noaf and Mariam with a song (no spoilers):

which brings me to the end of the show, which was really painful to watch. I don't want to spoil the show, but it's really upsetting.

---

I guess going back to the main argument in the comment section is it "muslim representation" or "arab representation". I kinda want more "arab goth representation" tbh. :cautious: More Noafs please. [I'm not even sure if this is proper goth style though and they never mention it, but yeah].

---

Oh god, this comment section is so annoying.

a: the casual Muslim representation is EVERYTHING. Deff gonna watch

b: I think it's casual Arab representation.

c: Its levantine. People from syria lebanon palestine and Jordan. Has nothing to do with islam.

d: Delete this comment. It's Arab representation not Muslim

e: it's Jordan, 94% Muslim population lol. Pathetic try hard

f: what's so pathetic try hard in this? It would've been muslim representation if they mentioned Islam anywhere, it's just Arab representation

g: they did. they said allahs name alot of times. i also heard azan.

g: why y guys getting so triggered? the show had said allahs name alot of time and theres even an islamic azan. They even preach bout the good things with islam

g: why are arabs soo embarrassed to be called muslims? u ppl gave islam to other ppl and know u hate being called muslims? why even make non arabs muslims in the first place?

h: we re not embarrassed... We re just not arabs. Islam was brought to the levant by conquest..and thus people were "arabized". Still genetics tell a different story.

j: Why can’t it be both Muslim and Arab representation? Y’all are getting so mad over them saying Muslim? What do you people have against Islam?

k: bro its a show that isnt american, its not casually representation, its middle easterners in a middle eastern show..
* Yawn *

lol, tbf though calling this "muslim representation" is kind of cringe.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,339 Posts
@Myosr

Kind of reminds me of Lisbeth Salander who is also a hacker. I've seen people describe her as a goth though I don't think the character was aiming for a specific style that way. It's just kind of alternative I guess.

Looks like there are people arguing about shipping female characters too lol. Videos like that exist for every show btw I used to watch more of that stuff but it's been a while since I've heavily shipped anyone.

·
customusertitle
877 Posts
@Persephone The Dread

ya maybe alternative is more accurate. There's one scene where another girl's bf asks her if she's in a rock band. i like her reaction lol.

Also she mutters "this is gross" after he's gone. He ends up hitting on her again and she has to fight him off.

---

I kinda want to recommend the show for u but i guess i can settle for posting this clip cuz i know u dont watch a lot of shows/movies. 🙁

it has the main characters arc, and u can see her transformation until she's completely heartless. (the clip has some subtitles in the begining but then its just a song and a montage so probably wont make sense, I'll just spoil it myself : p).

(actually using the spoiler tag correctly for once)

they bullied her because she's awkward / call her a nerd and then the main bully accuses her of being a creep and grabbing her chest. then they steal her diary and put copies of it all over the school, and call her crazy cuz she wrote about wanting to kill everyone.

she plots revenge from the three main bullies and ends up causing the main bully's death indirectly. (she doesn't feel guilty though, even after her only two friends beg her to stop because she went too far).

I think I empathize with both though, cuz the bully was also humanized in a way that made her death very sad.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,339 Posts
@Myosr

Oh yeah the character sort of interested me but I tend to be put off stuff that's set in high school or with high school students these days. I tried watching Euphoria but didn't continue it after the first episode but I know a lot of people said it's very depressing and I'm put off stuff like that too now. I know sometimes depressing stuff can have a deep/meaningful plot but I guess I want stuff to be more of an escape for me now.

Soundtrack to Euphoria was great though lol. I wanted this to be longer (some people posted multiple hour looped versions of it):

I watch some bad stuff though. Right now I'm watching Roswell because it's easy to watch. The first few episodes were just awful and almost put me off but I was really wanting an aliens on Earth thing and I like the aesthetic idea of Roswell (with the New Mexico desert setting and everything,) but the original series wasn't great and this one is in some ways worse. The plot and characters picked up a bit later though there are still issues with writing and acting and the politics they just shove in there like a frying pan to the face... The soundtrack is like nothing I've ever come across in terms of like... I like most soundtracks but this is not good. They just have a bunch of 90s stuff mostly often cover versions to be nostalgic or something and I read a comment about it that I thought summed it up but can't remember what they said now... But it's almost aggressive in parts like it's not complimenting the scene like it should be it's dragging you away and cliché.

Damn I really want a decent alien show that's kind of like Buffy though.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,339 Posts
I would like to see this movie. I hope it's going to be really good.
I want to see it in IMAX, but didn't really want to go to London until after the pandemic ended or at least later on. Kind of wish they'd released it later or earlier. I thought the Blade Runner sequel was cool (even though the trailer made it seem like a generic action film,) so I'm hoping this will be as well. Should be visually interesting anyway.

·
😒🤡
6,812 Posts
I want to see it in IMAX, but didn't really want to go to London until after the pandemic ended or at least later on. Kind of wish they'd released it later or earlier. I thought the Blade Runner sequel was cool (even though the trailer made it seem like a generic action film,) so I'm hoping this will be as well. Should be visually interesting anyway.
I want to see it at the movies, too. I'm going to watch it either way. Might have to pay for it online. Yea, the Blade Runner sequel was awesome.

·
Just a bit stitious
5,049 Posts
RIP Norm Macdonald. His ”Weekend Update” bits on SNL were hilarious. He roasted everyone and everything…no matter what. Unlike the “comedy” of today.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
RIP Norm Macdonald. His ”Weekend Update” bits on SNL were hilarious. He roasted everyone and everything…no matter what. Unlike the “comedy” of today.
Yes, this is a real bummer. He wasn't old at all. I liked him on "SNL" and also his segment of the Roast of Bob Saget ("You have a lot of well wishers on this stage, and a lot of them would like to throw you down one - a well. They want to murder you in a well.") And yes, I think he even got "in trouble" with the disgusting "woke Gestapo" a few years ago, I forget for what.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,339 Posts
YouTube search box: * button smash *
Youtube search box: copaskeptic
google: Did you mean: copasetic
copasetic song

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,339 Posts
I was watching a video recently where someone in the comments brought up the Fantastic Baby video by BIG BANG.

And since then I've been suggested a bunch of kpop tracks from the early 2010s that I stumbled on at that time.

^ A lot of the comments on this video are people who are probably teenagers saying things like 'I discovered kpop through BTS, but now I see BIG BANG paved the way.' And people just generally talking about BIG BANG or whoever like they're of another era, and I know the kpop industry moves much quicker but this was 5 minutes ago in my timeline people.

During the time this was released, Kpop was not as huge as it is now. With that in mind, if this MV was released at a time in which this type of genre is well-known everywhere around the globe, then there would possibly have been more views :>
Honestly comical to me because kpop was very popular at the time too. This is post Gangnam Style too.

block b were so insane for everything they did and people didn't give them the recognition they deserve damn
I'm sorry I can't. Kpop fans are hilarious. this video has 6 million views. Yeah I know it's relative but ****ing christ.

and the 75 thousand people on every video saying that everyone was ahead of their time:

they were so ahead of their time 😩😩😩
What time? It was 2014.

Edit:

While on the topic though apparently John Malkovich is the guy speaking in the intro of this video which feels very random (apparently they are friends):

I was sort of wondering what happened to her 28 days ago so I guess this is timely.

Also it's catchy but I'm going there. She's reppin' South Korea with a Pikachu car focal point. Is it supposed to be ironic or is Pikachu the 'most fly Asian?' I answered my own question really. Pikachu is the alpha

·
Super Moderator
34,556 Posts
Among all the worthless movies Youtube has that are free to watch, they have WarGames on there now. Which is actually good. It kind of suffers from that 80s syndrome where they probably spent too much money on one flashy prop and milked it for all it was worth but it was certainly pretty far ahead of it's time in terms of what could possibly go wrong. Terminator came out about the same time and was obviously much better but still.

I watched it since it is free and I realized that I don't remember actually seeing it and what I do remember must have been another movie that was similar but not the same. Now I'm wondering what that was. I have seen WarGames but I only vaguely remember it.

1781 - 1800 of 1801 Posts