Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1741 - 1760 of 1801 Posts

·
Registered
Unbreakable
3,462 Posts
Kate Bush is so special. I cringe at many of her songs but I am struck by many songs as well.

this one is right on the edge for me

·
😒🤡
6,812 Posts
Lol I'm watching videos of abandoned buildings and mansions again. Don't know why but some of them seem rather creepy. At least going by yourself would be. 🤔 Especially if you were in the woods. Then all of a sudden you hear a loud scream. Haha, my imagination. 😂

But seriously, some of the abandoned mansions even from the 70s look so beautiful. 🤩

·
Registered
Unbreakable
3,462 Posts
Sometimes I fear I will forget a song or an artist. But at this point I have heard so many songs and I have written so little of it down that I more than likely have forgotten some already. I am going to upload all of the music I can recall onto a decentralized network for safe keeping. It is dumb since music is of limited meaning to my identity, except perhaps that some music (like some books, and movies) hold special meaning for me and I'll like to recall it someday for sentimentality sake. But still. At this rate I should start saving and recalling as much music as I can music that is meaningful to me somewhere unless I wish to forget some with time.

·
Registered
28 Posts

the fallen king
you and wackness a common thing
birds like yall often sing
been rapping since before compact disks
you lack weaponry to combat this
get the next line
im the best shine
everything fire in text rhyme
you should fall back
cuz all yall wack
i get high staring at tall wall cracks
the beast flow
you shook like when you see ghosts
im the truth if you need hope
pain and love i bleed both

·
Registered
28 Posts
sorry foe so many verses...feeling creative o_O

ima tryna make ends
swing on you like cave men
me and legends write with the same pen
gods gift
the thoughts swift
that bring raw ish
first kill
the verse iLL
you display the worst skill
the fresh is here
the best to hear
mc vet to fear

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,339 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I don't give a damn about Tyler Perry and am not interested in his work, but I've been noticing how ubiquitous he is, how much work he does. I knew about the feature films, 22 of them since 2006 which seem to come out every few months. I knew that he produced several TV series but assumed it was an executive producer situation of his name being slapped on them. Looking closer on Wikipedia, I'm super surprised to find that he also is the sole credited writer and director of almost all of the episodes of all of these TV series - 14 series and hundreds of episodes. It looks like he has six currently in production, all totally written and directed by him. To be fair, these look like pretty low-quality shows, and tuning in to one seems to confirm that (plus the fact that Wikipedia does not have a "Reception" section for any of them, thus intentionally shielding them from criticism for narrative purposes). It's just surprising.

·
SUS Member
10,821 Posts
Just watched Jolt (with Beckinsale). Wasn't planning on it, but I couldn't get Prime to play videos for some reason and it was the only one that would play.

Anyway, not a great movie, but it was kind of interesting because her character has anger management issues and every time someone annoys her she gets these sudden violent fantasies and has to struggle to resist the urge to act on them. And it was like, "Yeah, that's exactly what happens to me," haha. Except that I have OCD, not anger management issues, and I get the fantasies all the time, not just when people annoy me. And I've never actually acted on my violent urges. But otherwise it felt eerily familiar.

This is why I don't like working with the public. It's just an endless series of homicidal urges. A shock vest might actually give me a sense of security.

·
Registered
Unbreakable
3,462 Posts
The smiths have the ability to turn my mind towards negativity and sadness. I like their music but it seems to provoke this single shade of emotion. Pure shades of grey...

...In another entertainment thought, David Foster Wallace was really really bad at writing fiction. Some have told me his non-fiction writing has a little bit more merit. I would sell Infinite Jest but who's gonna buy that load of crap off my hands?!

·
aldehyde dehydrogenaser
7,469 Posts
I was listening to Henry rollins to pass the time. Cool guy. Who I didnt notice was muscular in his youth?.. he's as old my parents now.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,339 Posts
Hmm Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross producing Halsey's new album.

The cinematography of the film thingy seems good too but can't post any of those clips here.

I like how the production of the tumblr aesthetics has escalated over the decade. Now in IMAX.

Hopefully people acknowledge this was a trent reznor and Atticus Ross production cuz they are literally the man right now. And obviously halsey is also the man right now Great collaboration
I mean lol. It's kind of blatant actually. Especially after 1:31.

·
😒🤡
6,812 Posts
Hmm Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross producing Halsey's new album.

The cinematography of the film thingy seems good too but can't post any of those clips here.

I like how the production of the tumblr aesthetics has escalated over the decade. Now in IMAX.

I mean lol. It's kind of blatant actually. Especially after 1:31.
That is rather...interesting. :unsure:

·
customusertitle
877 Posts
#funeral #doom

I've always had mixed feelings about the end of this song (a lot of funeral only gets better near the end, the first 3/4 of most songs is just the slow buildup).

It's got all the elements right. EXCEPT FOR ONE: the vocals get a little whiny and it ruins the whole thing. I sometimes try to convince myself it's intended. But tbh if I wanted whiny vocals I wouldn't be listening to funeral. My problems with whiny vocals is that it sort of ruins my fantasy of it not being an actual human, but a literal monster thingie. (I often envision monster creatures growling when I listen to doom stuff. It helps that most of these bands are so obscure you don't generally get to see the members clearly):
Look! A brittle newspaper! This...cannot be
It's all a mad...unending nightmare!
These voices...I did nothing! Nothing, you hear me? Leave me alone!"

You live
Where we are doomed
To die
You must reveal

Our secret bane

---

Some bands do the vocals too cold and dethatched (more monster, less human). I like that occasionally. I think this is the only example I have. (I think it's digitally altered though tbf).

Now all things I do bear
Are all gone and free
This, myself
Now fleeing around death
Cursing the hour
And another life
Which whom I used to care (I used tooo caaare)
Now
Watching myself
My own life
Fading to afar (fading tooo afaar)
Listening these voices
And trying to tell them
That I will soon be gone
The way the monster + fem vocals mesh with the music in this one is pretty awesome.

---

I don't like sharing this one too much because I've done so so many times and I'm kind of biased when it comes to it. :'D

Cry for the heart who surrenders to pain
For the solitude of those left behiiind
I sort of realize though that good piano solos are not a specific "doom metal thing" but it's not just the piano I think. I guess if you like the piano solo, you have to listen to the whole 15 minutes though to sort of get what I mean by "building the atmosphere". Also, if you don't like this song, I don't think you will ever like doom. I think it's a perfect doom song. Also perfect atmosphere. Sad on the verge of being sweet but not suicidal.

Also, the comments make me feel less alien lol

I'm so heart broken. Because my friend who had recommended me this masterpiece passed away yesterday. Rest in peace my bro. I wish u be happy wherever you go.
I've been reading the comments and many have mistakenly placed this masterpiece into the "break up" category... This song however is much deeper in meaning; it's a story about the progression of Depression, loss of innocence, and wanting/ inviting death to ease the overwhelming emotional pain of life's journey.
YES! Ha!

the love i have for this song... the lyrics, the instruments, the voices, the feeling, the everything. it's just perfect.
It is. It does the monster/fem voice thing so perfectly. (I mean listen to the part ~ 4:20 how they sing together. It's the same person illusion. I love it so much. It's like a double vision kind of thing. 👩👹 💖)

it's probably one of the best composition of the whole metal history.
just metal? :rolleyes::sneaky:

It's weird how this song affects you.. you put it on when you're sad, but instead of feeling even more down, it frees you, makes you float in space. And you feel all your sorrowfulness fading away..
OMG yes. Good doom does that so well. This is why I think whiny vocals ruin the doomy mood.

This song is the purest reflection of my soul. Every single part makes my heart lurch. I have loved this song for over a decade, it is still my favourite song of all time.
same. I've known it since 2012 or so. So closing on a decade :) (I don't have favorite songs though. It's a limiting concept. I'm also open to a lot of music [well mostly in the metal / rock space anyway])

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,339 Posts
Since Hollywood is into making live action films based on anime and other animation atm, I'd like to see a Howl's Moving Castle live action film. Not because I think it will be good it mostly likely will be bad, but purely because I want more irl bishounen.

Has to have an impact like this:

I mean those aren't Howl's vibes though, but I like the preternatural movements. Also holy low quality video. But you know something equivalent.

No I'm just posting funny videos now.

Who could play Howl though? I want to be involved in the casting.

If they cast Christian Bale (voices Howl in the dub,) I will not be amused unless they re-write the script to be some weird mashup parody where he's Patrick Bateman the wizard but the vibes are surreal/sinister. And he has to return some video tapes (and various other miscellaneous objects. And the objects get more and more ridiculous and/or anachronistic) And it's a redemption arc because it's Hollywood in current year. I think Patrick Bateman should be Sophie though really that would help with his journey. Written by Charlie Kaufman and directed by Tommy Wiseau.

1741 - 1760 of 1801 Posts