Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1701 - 1720 of 1725 Posts

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
I did a "Seinfeld" online live trivia game last night. I think it was about 12-14 total individuals or teams on Zoom and on a trivia platform. Sixty questions, and you type in your answers, no multiple choice. It was expert-level stuff, really arcane details as well as guest characters' names, quote and picture IDs. I came in 7th but did really well overall and the whole field was competitive; no way anybody was beating the top 2-3 teams. An example of a question I missed was the time that the power went off when Jerry had to wake up Jean-Paul. Or one that I got right - who was the guy that Kramer guessed Mr. Morgan looked like when George showed him his picture? That's the level of detail.

It was pretty fun. If anybody's interested, look on the Reddit board for "Seinfeld" for alerts of when the guy does it next. Does anybody know of similar pop culture online trivia meets where you compete live against others? Never done that before, and I'm a trivia/game show dude.

·
Dog in the sun.
455 Posts
I watched Friends a ton of times because we had all the DVDs, and only caught random reruns of Seinfeld on TV. Seinfeld is better though. Every now and then I watch an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm. I'll watch it all the way to the end, slowly.

·
Visceral
1,541 Posts
𓊨𓏏𓁐
𓊨
= throne symbol, pronounced "ı͗s"
𓏏 = half loaf of bread "t"
𓁐 =means this word represents a goddess (not pronounced)

My understanding is that it was originally "ı͗s.t" then evolved on and the t was dropped (Ēse ) and then the Greeks made it (Isis)

In the song they chose the "ı͗s.t" pronunciation (00:42 - 00:44)

It's also interesting that she's symbolized by a throne (there seems to be a disagreement as to why). It looks kind of cute/funny the way she was drawn with a throne over her head.
Thanks for the class. The parade was amazing imo. I liked the cars too.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
I watched Friends a ton of times because we had all the DVDs, and only caught random reruns of Seinfeld on TV. Seinfeld is better though. Every now and then I watch an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm. I'll watch it all the way to the end, slowly.
I've never watched "Friends" (and never want to) or, surprisingly, "Curb". I don't have HBO and never felt compelled to watch "Curb" for some reason despite considering "Seinfeld" the best show ever.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
42,600 Posts
Moved the post that was here originally to S&C, but luckily already have something else to post and replace this with lol.

Is there some reason this was playing all the time in real life in the UK in 2010~? It came out in 1998.

The song was covered by Mitchell Sigman for The Electro-Industrial Tribute to Rob Zombie in 2002. It was also covered by gothic metalcore band Motionless in White in 2009 and remixed by electronic rock band Crosses for the album Mondo Sex Head in 2012. Singer-songwriter Lissie covered the song for the horror film Haunt (2019).
Could be that, I didn't hear anything by Motionless in White until like 2015 or later though and it was always the original version in public.

Vaguely darkwave. I like it but they're not trying to make it their own (besides the vaguely dark wave twist to some of the music, actually even the original is kind of like that now I think about it. Parts of the cover are giving me Cruxshadows vibes though) This is probably early for them though. Look at the myspace url in the video hahaaaa.

They did that though on their first album lol like in original tracks just randomly segue into other people's lyrics.

They did it with The Smiths, and I feel like I remember them doing it with The Cure somewhere too. Right yeah The Cure reference is here:

·
Registered
872 Posts
Don't why I bother liking any movies or actors or TV shows. They either have 0 fan base, or I'm picked on over my tastes or they get 'cancelled' or called out by the woke idiots. In the end I'll just watch and enjoy nothing.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
42,600 Posts

I only watched about half this video but yeah I thought this sounded dumb when I first heard about it. If the point of your music is to be edgy and piss people off, and then you succeed (and at a greater level then before due to social media,) what's the problem? Can people just not take the heat anymore? There's always been people who criticised and wanted to ban edgy music and like Kat says it's not supposed to be mainstream in the first place by design. That was never the point. So 'it would never become mainstream today because of cancel culture' is dumb because that was never the point of such music. Also, what happened to 'no such thing as bad press all press is good press' lol?

I guess it would never work today because people care about being criticised on social media.

Damn this video is such low quality.

It's not real punk/underground if they don't have <100 subscribers and you didn't find them in the comments section saying 'I'm going to play this at my wedding' while listening to the MSI track 'get it up' :

Or this (punk just means underrated now, this is hands down the most underrated band I have ever found in terms of music quality and discussion):

46 subscribers on YouTube, found them through a tumblr page I think. After dropping the album this is from they mysteriously vanished.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
42,600 Posts
^ I think he'd be very disappointed in punk now because I get the vibe that male sensitivity 'can't be punk' so I imagine Crywank (non-binary, sjw snowflake kinda person.) Would really tick a lot of these old dudes off. It's like the subtext to every discussion.

On that note. (I bet they'd hate having any label applied to the music lol. I've heard people call it 'anti-folk')

Now I'm Jar Jar Binks, I don't give a ****ing ****!
Split myself into three parts with a pay-to-play mechanic
Now I'm a punk band from the sticks, anti-capitalist
Big break! Big tour! Sponsored by energy drinks

^ honestly one of the more interesting/relatable lyricists of the millennial generation. Can never decide on a single track to link. The Barbie one is great too lyrically lol:

Like a flip flop feminists relationship with Barbie
Hardly the unsung perfectionist, perhaps white supremacist
Or Is this over analysis of plastic?
A fanatic franticly forge five thousand words
On the relevance and development of marketing to girls
And the harshness of the world, against all odds she worked 130 jobs
But still thrilled mostly by the presence of heartthrobs
Unaffected by patriarchy or recessions, but soon it must be questioned
Does the doll face only represent what first is projected
Grammar and spellcheck, half these points make no sense
The deadlines days away and their conclusions a conflicted mess
So how did molded plastic become so problematic
Where negi readings are dramatic but posis over-romantic
And maybe Barbie would rather be a gnarly dirty harpy
Tattoos drawn on with sharpie, kissing girls at a party
A figure once seen as pristine whilst preserved in a box
Most barbies end up naked and limbless with their hair shaved off
Perhaps it should be mentioned that Barbie would be sectioned
Having weigh-ins everyday for what others call perfection
You can say she's just a doll so what does their size really mean
60s slumber party Barbie still read books saying don't eat
Perhaps an ever-changing icon reflecting female progress
Perhaps a shallow feminism focused on individual success

And now we are over the word count
Got to edit down what's written with no conclusion found out
Tangled and confused and now scared of being misread
Wishing they'd done GI Joe male violence and conscription instead
Exhausting approaches Barbies subtext seems absent
A one dimensional character with endless multifacets
Time is nearly up they must be pragmatic
Conclusion: the most human thing about Barbie is the fact she's problematic

After quick and heavy editing
Self-flagellation for a cop-out ending
In time they hand their essay in
They forgot their referencing

You have failed you degree
£27,000 down the drain
Ask yourself, "Was it worth it?
What did you learn about Barbie?"

Actually quoted this in my signature (this isn't Crywank, think that's obvious but just in case since the above three tracks were):

I sing at fascists 'til my head comes off
I am Dennis Skinner's molotov
I'm lefty, I'm soft
I'm minimum wage job
I am a mongrel dog
I'm just another ****
I'm scum
I'm scum
This snowflake's an avalanche
Dirty rotten filthy scum
For a long long while I'm known as
Dirty rotten filthy scum
For a long old while I'm known as scum
I'm scum

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
If anybody's interested in a live, expert-level "Seinfeld" trivia competition, the link is below for tomorrow at 8:00 EST. I've done it once and it was really fun. These are pretty small details. Examples:

*What NFL quarterback's name does George like to pronounce?
*Where did Kramer hear that the Today Sponge was taken off the market?
*Who does Frank consider a very good dancer?
*What comic strip did Jerry still need to read in the paper he took back from his "college buddy" who needed the want ads?

Seinfeld Trivia – Master of Your Domain (Expert Level)

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
42,600 Posts
So I've never been that into Poppy. There were some weird tracks I tangentially paid attention to, something about concrete.

Some weird videos with that guy Titanic Sinclair where they ripped off someone called Mars Argo or something. And then she had some drama with Grimes who I'm more aware of after they collab'd or something. Basically her entire career has been filled with controversy.

But respect for knowing Jack off Jill. Massively underrated band I spam on this forum every week. When I clicked on this I was like 'well I know it won't be a JoJ cover' but then it was.

Yeah this is now about Jack off Jill again.

Just look at how the end of this song:

Angels **** Devils Kiss

Goes into their next album:

When I Am Queen

1701 - 1720 of 1725 Posts