2101 - 2120 of 2125 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
The first episode of House of the Dragon is out today. 🤔

·
Super Moderator
37,474 Posts
When you find a really good song but the lyrics are weird as hell.

Yea...that just happened. 😆 Thanks Spotify.
That doesn't bother me much as long as I like the music itself. There are tons of "favorite songs" of mine I've never even thought about the lyrics to. Some of them I couldn't even tell you what the lyrics say.

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
That doesn't bother me much as long as I like the music itself. There are tons of "favorite songs" of mine I've never even thought about the lyrics to. Some of them I couldn't even tell you what the lyrics say.
It doesn't bother me at all, either. If I like the music, I don't care. 😂 I feel like I'm different than most people on that but it's cool to know someone is the same as me on that. 😆 It's kind of dumb to even care that much about it. But overall, I don't really care cause in the end I'm enjoying the music.

·
Super Moderator
37,474 Posts
The live version of Dark Side of the Moon in the Immersion box set really gives me goosebumps multiple times. It sounds amazing even with the cheapest headphones. I really wonder if that is an authentic live recording from the 70s or something they doctored up in the studio.

I've heard enough bootlegs of PF concerts to know the pitch perfect performances and sound quality here are both a bit fishy.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
First episodes of the Lord of the Rings, The Rings of Power today. I've been trying to keep my expectations low.

·
Permanently An Idiot
2,392 Posts
YT just recommended me the Spice Girls' first music video. I have zero clue what prompted the algorithm to offer it. Unless the Spice Girls are somehow big with cat/panda/diorama video watchers.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Neil Gaiman's interactions with trolls on Twitter regarding the Rings of Power is ****ing hysterical. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
The new Kurzgesagt video about how to make friends gave me some new advice on how to make one. I thought it was an interesting topic that YouTube channel decided to do. Who knows, maybe the video will help me. I doubt it, though.

Apparently, introverts are more likely to not like spicy food. I didn't know that. 😂 I definitely don't but I'm an ambivert.

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
I didn't realize until just now RHCP is coming out with another album this year. I heard Tippa My Tongue and thought it was just a special single they released months after their album that came out earlier this year. Lol I'm looking forward to this. A lot of new albums that came out this year that I was looking forward to seemed pretty promising. I wouldnt really be surprised if they come out with another album next year.

·
Self isolating from self
3,931 Posts
Space Above and Beyond. It's a old "one and done" tv series that few people have even heard of. Think Band of Brothers/WW2 in space. I haven't seen it in forever except for a stray episode here and there. But I finally had the chance to watch all of the first and only season.

The acting is... hit and miss. The budget is "cheap" 90's. So I wasn't expecting much. Despite that, it is pretty good series with a lot of potential. Athough, that fact that it end with a bit of cliffhanger leaves the series with a bittersweet ending. Well, more bitter that sweet.

Also, I had to laugh that a character named Shane is mocking one of the other characters for calling the aliens walkers. Who knows, maybe that's were Robert Kirkman got the term from?

·
Dogra Magra
2,915 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
So far, I'd give the Rings of Power a 5.5 out of 10. The scenery looks excellent, but a lot of the acting falls short, the writing isn't very engaging, I don't particularly care about the characters, and a lot of style decisions are distracting, such as short elf hair that's just a bit too neat.

I'm hoping it improves as the season progresses, but I doubt it will.

Reactions: Fever Dream
2101 - 2120 of 2125 Posts