Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
8,808 Posts
It was fantastic. It's not at all a typical horror film which is somewhat what I expected going into it. It's very subtle up until the end. There's like this feeling of dread throughout that just kind of keeps building up which I love. I guess some people might find it slow but for me that's what usually makes the best horror films. Lots of imagery that really stays with you and an awesome, unsettling soundtrack. Really recommend it.
I love movies like that. From the previews, it didn't seem like it was just another horror film. I love gore but I love movies that just have a creepy effect to them that slowly builds up.

·
Registered
8,808 Posts
I wish Warpaint's newest album was available on YouTube. I've only been able to find two songs from it. They're such an amazing band. I keep searching for the album hoping to find all the songs but they're still not there. I'm sure they'll have them up eventually. They're pretty good live, too. I'd love to see them at a concert one day if I ever get a chance.

·
Registered
8,808 Posts
The Dark Tower is the one movie I must see this year. Was wanting to see War of the Planet of the Apes, too. If I have to pick, I'll go with The Dark Tower. It was a nice, long journey reading the book series, so that movie is what I'm more interested in.

·
Registered
8,808 Posts
I'm ready for the fifth season of The 100. I don't think it's returning until March 2018. They always wait a year to show the new season. It's worth the wait. I'm glad it's renewed for another one. I'm easily pleased with this show. The scenes can be brief at times but that's irrelevant for me because it's so intense and has plenty of action.

·
Registered
8,808 Posts
Its amazing how a different beat can change your opinion of a song. It went from meh its alright, to a must play for me.
Headphones/earphones make music sound so much better to me. You can hear the subtle changes that make all the difference. :yes

I want to go see another movie soon. War of the Planet of the Apes will still be playing. It's a must see.

·
Registered
8,808 Posts
This idea that punk is something purposely unmusical and bad seems like a huge myth to me, especially with subgenres like melodic hardcore. and if I remember correctly Johnny Rotten actually said Sid Vicious' lack of musical skill is partially to blame for the break up of the Sex Pistols.
That does sound like a myth. I know everyone has their own taste but you can't deny that punk music has its talents. :D I'm more into alternative, plain rock, and hard rock more so than punk but punk music is good, too. My music taste is all over the place, though. I'm a simple person when it comes to music. If I like the singing and the melody, it's a good song to me. Of course I have to like the lyrics, too but if the music and singing voice is good, I'll get hooked.

·
Registered
8,808 Posts
Going back and listening to a lot of No Doubt's music. Takes me back to the days when I burned a copy of my sister's Tragic Kingdom album and Return of Saturn. And I got the Rock Steady album for free since my sister was in a CD club back then. They were my favorite band as a kid and the bulk of my childhood music when I was 10-12 years old. That's what got me through those times. Wish they made more music like these albums. Tragic Kingdom is a masterpiece.

·
Registered
8,808 Posts
Finally went to see Star Wars. It wasn't bad, but I have to admit I was slightly disappointed. From the trailer it looked like I would have thought it was the best one yet. Anyway, the 3D was pretty cool. First time seeing a 3D movie.
I haven't seen any of the new Star Wars movies or the original. Surprisingly, my parents saw the original at the movies back in the 70s. Found that out like two years ago when my mom told me. xD

I didn't know Harry Styles was in One Direction. Lmao Weird. He made a good decision going solo. I can't stop listening to Sign of the Times.

1 - 20 of 191 Posts