Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
2301 - 2320 of 2338 Posts

·
experimental sincerity
1,665 Posts
@WillYouStopDave holy cow, I could tick almost all of those symptom check boxes. But I was tested for T2 diabetes years ago, it was negative and the doctor concluded I just had a sensitivity to sugar.

Reactions: WillYouStopDave

·
Wilco Tango Foxtrot!
4,101 Posts
Skin problems are icky. I've had eczema on my arms for years. Thankfully nothing fungal.
Blood tests came back normal which makes me reallh glad but darn did I gain a LOT of weight. I hate dieting but it looks like I'll have to do something than nothing.
My neck has been clearing up lately and after 6 months of "WTF?" I'm stoked that it's finally clearing up! :)

·
Wilco Tango Foxtrot!
4,101 Posts
I need to call my GP & see if I can get my ears cleaned out
They should be able to do it! I got my ears cleaned out in a walk in clinic once as the wax buildup in my ear canals was so bad it started muffling my hearing. (I'm not talking the nooks and crannies of the outer ear but the tunnel that goes between that and the eardrum!) I remember I was gonna jam the end of a pen cap into said canal but thought wiser of it lol!

The procedure is painless albeit weird feeling...at first using a syringe they blast the wax build up with a salt water solution and if that doesn't get it all out they'll carefully clean it out with some kinda thing. I can't even remember what they used! :)

·
Born Of Blotmonað
22,246 Posts
They should be able to do it! I got my ears cleaned out in a walk in clinic once as the wax buildup in my ear canals was so bad it started muffling my hearing. (I'm not talking the nooks and crannies of the outer ear but the tunnel that goes between that and the eardrum!) I remember I was gonna jam the end of a pen cap into said canal but thought wiser of it lol!

The procedure is painless albeit weird feeling...at first using a syringe they blast the wax build up with a salt water solution and if that doesn't get it all out they'll carefully clean it out with some kinda thing. I can't even remember what they used! :)
Thanks, I only recently learned they can do this, I wish I knew about it ages ago

·
Registered
Crawling out
400 Posts
Pills for blood pressure, pills for excessive sweating, pills for fungus infection. They have pills for everything apparently. Not sure if I'll ever get the mind altering ones for anxiety though. Never did anything for me.

·
aldehyde dehydrogenaser
8,300 Posts
Worried. I'm worried that I have insulin resistance or just something, because I've been off that med for a month and have lost zero weight. Some days i don't even eat much. Well, I did have half a can of Coke today along with meal but like... what is up with my body.

·
Barbells and kittens
4,495 Posts
Does anyone have their heart rate and blood pressure get crazy high at doctor's appointments, but they're normal at home?

I'm on a low dose of blood pressure medicine for slightly high blood pressure, but checking it at home it always looks good. Same with my heart rate. My Galaxy watch shows my average as high 50's and low 60's and checking it with other means confirms this at least when I'm home.

I just had to get a physical today for this new job I'm trying to get. My heart rate sitting in my car before going in was in the 120's and it was still there when the doctor was checking it and my blood pressure. No idea what my blood pressure was. My physical before last they almost denied me because it was so high. They gave me 10 minutes to sit alone and try to calm down or I wouldn't have been able to go back to work until it got signed off on.

Now it's like a thing I get so worked up over being afraid I'll get denied being able to work it's made it worse. Because of the high blood pressure I have to get a physical every year instead of two years. Like today my heart was pounding from when I got up all the way to the appointment. I have a headache and feel ill now I guess just from being so anxious for so long today and having my heart pounding in my head.

Wondering if I should try to get a beta blocker just for occasions like this. Can't use benzos or alcohol or anything like that because of my job. Haven't had a full blown panic attack in years, but I'm worried I'm going to get back to that point. I'm already extremely aware of my heart rate as it is from past experiences with panic attacks.

·
Super Moderator
38,325 Posts
Does anyone have their heart rate and blood pressure get crazy high at doctor's appointments, but they're normal at home?
Yes. It's a relatively recent development. It's a very long story but it didn't used to be this way. My blood pressure at the doctor used to be perfect every time and if my heart rate was ever anything other than perfect, he never mentioned it.

There was a bunch of crap that happened in 2017 with my mother (almost died and was in the hospital for a month) and my dad's health as well. I spent lots of time severely upset and worrying about them and sitting in waiting rooms and staying up for 36 hours at a time waiting for any news. My health has not been the same since. First time I went to the doctor after that my heart rate was like 140 and my blood pressure was up significantly. I wrote it off as nerves but my heart rate is never really right anymore. It runs high no matter what.

Blood pressure has been steadily climbing despite the blood pressure pill I take. Bottom number is especially not looking good (was 94 yesterday). Top number is sometimes a little high but the bottom number is almost always close to 80 or above where it used to be always below 76 without medication. I even stopped adding extra salt to my food entirely and it seems to have made things worse.

I'm going to attempt to get my heart checked to what extent I can but at this point, things have been not looking good for several years so I know there must be something wrong.

I will say though that fish oil might actually help to some degree. I took four of them yesterday and when I checked my BP today, it was unusually good. Could be a fluke though.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I've got my first outpatient neurology appointment tomorrow, been waiting for nearly 9 months. We'll see what they have to say.

·
Barbells and kittens
4,495 Posts
Yes. It's a relatively recent development. It's a very long story but it didn't used to be this way. My blood pressure at the doctor used to be perfect every time and if my heart rate was ever anything other than perfect, he never mentioned it.

There was a bunch of crap that happened in 2017 with my mother (almost died and was in the hospital for a month) and my dad's health as well. I spent lots of time severely upset and worrying about them and sitting in waiting rooms and staying up for 36 hours at a time waiting for any news. My health has not been the same since. First time I went to the doctor after that my heart rate was like 140 and my blood pressure was up significantly. I wrote it off as nerves but my heart rate is never really right anymore. It runs high no matter what.

Blood pressure has been steadily climbing despite the blood pressure pill I take. Bottom number is especially not looking good (was 94 yesterday). Top number is sometimes a little high but the bottom number is almost always close to 80 or above where it used to be always below 76 without medication. I even stopped adding extra salt to my food entirely and it seems to have made things worse.

I'm going to attempt to get my heart checked to what extent I can but at this point, things have been not looking good for several years so I know there must be something wrong.

I will say though that fish oil might actually help to some degree. I took four of them yesterday and when I checked my BP today, it was unusually good. Could be a fluke though.

My average heart rate is actually lower than it's ever been is what's weird. I've lost some weight and been more consistent with doing cardio this year. Gotten it from 70's down to high 50's and low 60's according to my smart watch. Although after going on vacation a few weeks back I've pretty much quit doing cardio and been unable to get going with it again. Which sucks because I'd been doing really well keeping it up this year.

Never been a fan of doctor visits, but has never been this bad. I guess maybe it's because job stuff is on the line. Although I wouldn't get fired. Worst case would be unpaid leave until I get things under control, but more likely I'd just have to ride with someone else and still get paid.

I do take fish oil regularly and have for years. COQ10 as well and also Ashwaganda, which supposedly lowers cortisol.

I have a full checkup coming up next year when I turn 40. Probably should've had one already, but I have a huge aversion to seeing a doctor because it seems like I always get hit with crazy bills.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I've been slacking off. I can feel myself putting on weight. Gah. I have to get back to the gym.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
I might have hemiplegic migraines now. I asked my doctor for new meds since my old ones stopped working, and he made me fill out a form and one of the questions asked if I experienced any numbness prior or during. Yes I had. My hand and half my face went numb the day before. Shouldn’t have googled that. It’s a rare, but serious form for migraine.
Getting it checked out on Wednesday.
I have felt numbness in my hand prior to a migraine before, but the in face was new. This could also explains my sudden random heavy drops in mood that some times happen a day in advance.

Edit: sooo, not hemiplegic, thank god.

I broke down in front of the doctor 😬

he suggested I come back for a talk. That feel unnatural. I might need it though.

·
Registered
Crawling out
400 Posts
Sweating like a pig and even smelling like one... deodorants are powerless against the deluge caused by my overactive sweat glands. I had to stop my anticholinergic medication due to me trying to pinpoint the cause of some digestive issues. I swear, I sweat a lot, hours after I am done exercising and showering even. What a genetic failure I am. I even had a special nickname (one of many) when I was little because of this issue... "Vinegar". I have concluded that it is not possible to live comfortably like this. Best to hop back on the medication ASAP, before I create an ocean.

·
Super Moderator
10,011 Posts
What is the reason someone would wake up throwing up bile?
Bile reflux, gallbladder problems. Or maybe many other reasons.

Any right abdomen pain?

Hope you can see a med doc.

2301 - 2320 of 2338 Posts