Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on break at work and went to the gas station to buy a newspaper, and I noticed that the guy in front of me in line looked suspicsiously like John C Reilly. I just thought it was a look alike, but the more I looked at him the more I was convinced it was him. Then (even more strange) Woody Harrelson came out of the bathroom (and I knew for sure it was him) and stood in line with Reilly (they were buying like 12 bottles of Evian). The cash register across from me opened up so I paid there, and when I left Reilly walked right in front of me (he was wearing these cool leather beatle-boot type shoes) and got into a Saab where Kevin Kline was waiting in the passenger seat. Woody Harrelson got in too, and they left.. No one else in the store seemed to recognize them and I didn't want to bother them (autographs really don't excite me) -but I am a big fan of Kline and Reilly (Harrelson's OK) and I am sure it was them.

I thought I might have been going crazy as this seemed like a bizarre combination of celebrities to see at a Super America of all places -and no one I told about it believed me, but then I looked on IMDB and found that they are all currently filming the film version of "A Praire Home COmpanion" in St Paul right now. It was very surreal to see them all at a gas station that I visit like everyday -but I guess it just goes to show how boring my life is that I find something like this to be exciting.

So who wants to touch me? I SAID WHO WANTS TO F&%KING TOUCH ME!!!!! (I can never resist south park references)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Isn't that fun? I'm trying to think if I've ever seen a big celebrity anywhere. I saw Charlie Sheen and Corbin Bernsen when I was like 11 years old and the movie "Major League" was being filmed in Milwaukee. I was obsessed with Charlie Sheen and almost died when I got to talk to him and get his autograph. Looking back that makes me cringe. LOL! Also, one of my mom's friends from work had a fling with Charlie Sheen when he was in town, lol. How weird.

OH!!!!!!!!!! Here's a good one!!! A couple of old friends of mine saw Halle Berry with an unknown person walking on a big fishing pier at the lakefront a few years ago. I guess that's not too odd since she and Eric Benet had a home in Milwaukee when they were married. I wish I could've been there when they had their siting. I've heard of a lot of people having Halle sitings here. Thanks to Eric Benet's sex addiction I don't think we'll be seeing much more of Halle around here, though. Boo.

I've seen lots of local celebrities in weird places, but I don't think I've ever seen a "big" celebrity. My sister was interviewed by Mary Hart for Entertainment Tonight once, though, which was pretty neat. She had won some big Seventeen Magazine contest.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought Halle and Benet were back together?

But I'm keeping my fingures crossed for a Meryl Streep sighting as she is in the film as well -perhaps if SA worked last time I should try Wal-MArt next time? Or MC Donalds?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow. A John C. Reilly, Woody Harrelson, and Kevin Kline sighting? That's pretty cool!

The only celebs I can think of I've seen are Tobey Maguire, Jeff Bridges, and Chris Cooper, but I saw them on a movie set (they filmed part of the movie 'Seabiscuit' where I live). I don't think I've ever spotted a celebrity in the wild--just hanging out or shopping or anything. Of course, when you don't get out of Kentucky too often, your odds of having a celebrity encounter are greatly diminished. Although, last year, a friend of mine who is a waitress saw Susan Sarandon, Orlando Bloom, and Kirsten Dunst (who were in KY filming the movie 'Elizabethtown') eating where she works, so it can happen...just rarely.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
That's cool. I've never seen celebrities randomly, but I knew one once that lived on my street. His name was Courtland Mead and he's probably best known as the kid from the tv version of The Shining. He was also in the movie Tom and Huck and The Little Rascals movie. He had a screwed up family. My friend had some connections with celebrities so that's how I got to meet him. Then he moved on our street. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0574882/

My mom babysitted his two twin sisters too. Yes, I'm partially famous. :roll

·
Registered
408 Posts
One time when I was 13 I swear I saw Joe Isuzu (aka David Leisure from Empty Nest) in a 7-11. He was in town for some celebrity golf tourny.

I honestly don't know if it really happened....or if it was just some guy who looked like him and I enjoyed joking about seeing a 5th rate celebrity.

Other than that the most famous people I have run into have been from the local news.

I don't care much for celebrity adoration. It's silly.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Well guys, you heard the man;-) ROTFL, I thought Greg Brady was stalking you?

Does anyone remember...Duncan on As the World Turns, the "Irish" man.......I saw him in Midtown Manhatten.
Yes Don-don feel free to critique;-)

·
Registered
538 Posts
I saw John C reilly too. A couple of years ago at the MOMA in Queens during to picasso/matisse exhibit I had to go for a college field trip. I wouldn't have even noticed him if it wasn't for a friend pointing him out. He was dressed so plain in blue jeans and a baseball hat so he blended right in which I guess is what celebrities want to do. that was pretty cool.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I lived in Santa Barbara, Ca. for a while. I had a job at Circuit City. Steve Martin came in once and bought a phone. My job was to retrieve the phone and hand it to him. I didn't recognize him at first because he was wearing a bicycle helmet. After he left a cow-worker ran up and said, "dude! That was Steve Martin!" I thought about it for a moment and realized it was true. If anyone's curious, Steve Martin bought one of our cheaper phones.

At the same store one or members of a one hit wonder band came in. They bought like five boom boxes. I helped them carry the stuff out to the car and then they handed me their CD. One of the guys asked me if I had heard of their band, I lied and said no. He seemed suprised and said "oh, you will!" and then the band piled into a newish car and drove off.

A different time, a different place. I was working in a 7-11 and Drew Barrymore came in (I'm 95% sure it was her). She was wearing oversized sunglasses and seemed relieved (or so it seemed to me) that I didn't make a fuss upon recognizing her. She bought some diet soda (coke or pepsi) then climbed into a red convertible(?) 1967ish Mustang driven by some guy.

·
Magnanimous carcinoma
6,888 Posts
OneIsALonelyNumber, out of curosity, what band are you speaking of?
I've never met a celebrity. I'm convinced that I saw Tad Doyle at a record store, though. (From the band "T.A.D.") He was blocking the "v's" for around 20 minutes. Celebrities steer clear of this area. Jimmy Buffet lives somewhere near here and owns a restaurant that he frequents, but I've never been.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
One time I was meeting my dad at the airport and I saw that guy from the commercial with how to get rid of dry eyes, hes got that funny low voice... anyways, it was definitely him, cause I heard him talking on the cell phone, plus there were a bunch of people around him that were with him.

·
gone
5,224 Posts
I've never really seen any celebrities randomly. The biggest one would be Megan Follows, who's a fairly well known Canadian actress (she played Anne of Green Gables in that tv series). Her dad lives just a few houses away and sometimes she comes to visit.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts