Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to renew my license, and he was working at the DMV. He liked me back in high school and asked me to the prom. But as many of you on this forum can relate to, I wasn't capable of liking myself and was so deeply insecure with depression and SA that I couldn't deal with the opposite sex. So I completely rejected him.

It was very awkward, but he spoke to me and was very nice. I have no doubt he has moved on, possibly even has a wife or girlfriend or kids. Still I was so uncomfortable and awkward, and I got out as quick as I possibly could.

I wish that back then I had been able to tell him that it wasn't him, it was me who was deeply messed up (and still am).

Just wanted to vent on that awkward situation.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Thanks for venting. This shows that if someone rejects you to not take it personally as they might be rejecting you out of fear.

·
B 2 Lonely
1,077 Posts
i ran into someone that beat me up in high school several years ago. he gave me a black eye back in the day, but when he asked for my ID at the mall where he worked, he treated me to lunch, as if he was trying to apologize. i felt really scared about it still, but by the end of the meal, he had changed some as a person.

i never caught his name or asked for it, so i could not go back into the yearbooks to find them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts