Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about going on a raman noodle diet to save money. More $ = feeling better about myself = less SA.

Anyway, I plan to live off on raman noodles; I will not be using the seasoning packet, because of the high sodium intake. My question is, if I just eat: raman noodles, take a once-a-day vitamin, and eat a protein bar, will this be adequate nutrition?

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Im thinking about going on a raman noodle diet to save money. More $ = feeling better about myself = less SA.

Anyway, I plan to live off on raman noodles; I will not be using the seasoning packet, because of the high sodium intake. My question is, if I just eat: raman noodles, take a once-a-day vitamin, and eat a protein bar, will this be adequate nutrition?
No. You need to follow the four food groups and keep calorie intake in check.
Ramen soup is about 200 calories a serving, with seasoning. A protein bar may not have much more. You are practically starving yourself if you try this. :(

·
Cool story, bro!
986 Posts
Atleast spend some extra money and buy some cans of tuna to mix with the noodles. That way you'll be getting a ton of protein and tuna is really cheap. Brown rice and beans are really cheap too so maybe mix some of that in as well.

·
Cool story, bro!
986 Posts
Im not into fish.
be ready to get into a hospital bed when your body isnt functioning well.

i think the funny thing is you're not including the seasoning packet because you're worried about the sodium intake, yet you're planning on eating just noodles and a protein bar and expecting your body to be working properly. just doesnt make sense at all.

and having a little more money isn't better then having your health.

·
Banned
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Starting this tomorrow. I bought 3 , 5 packs of raman for $3.00
I have a tub of whey protein that I use after working out.
Some juice.
And once a day vitamins I bought for $4.00

Grand total spent = Around $10 ( not including the whey protein).

Im probably going to eat 5 packets of a noodles a day.

·
immortal in the making
820 Posts
i wouldnt recommend your interesting diet for too long. i love noodles, too!! but there are things that your body needs that wont be there with this recipe.
not that i'm an expert or anything.
but be careful dude!!
keep us upto date with how you are doing.

ps can we call you naruto?

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
add some olive oil to the noodles - then you'd have carbs, protein and oils. or do they fry those things in oil? i forget. hope it's not trans fat though!

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
Like hiimnotcool said, buy a giant bag of rice and a some giant bags of beans and have at it. Probably cheaper than ramen in the end too. And so much less bad for you.

·
going hazy
8,724 Posts
I don't think it's healthy no matter what you do, but I agree that you should at the very least mix some beans/veggies in there somewhere.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Hmm, well I once ate nothing but flour tortillas and cheese for about a year and a half. One small meal a day. I used to black out when I stood up. I was really skinny had no upper body strength at all - kind of like now, but not as bad =p

I agree with moderate exercise + good food, just watch your portions and stay away from junk.

·
Registered
784 Posts
My cheap dinner is boiled rice, warmed up frozen vegetables, and scrambled eggs mixed together. Takes more effort to make, but it's very filling and a decent mix of foods (or so I think).

Personally, it's hard for me to be social when I'm starving and lightheaded because my body has no energy whatsoever.

·
Banned
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I went to the gym this morning and weighed myself.

Im currently sitting at 159lbs and im 5'10'' tall.

I just got done eating some raman noodles with some oj.
Im about to take my once a day.

·
:No Worries:
182 Posts
How many servings are in one Ramen packet?

·
···---···
3,375 Posts
People need variety in their diet. And some vegetable is necessary for your digestive system. Throw in some apples or other fruit each day. They're not expensive. And vitamins are better absorbed when from food.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts