Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mega awesome
5,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having racing mind right now. Like I have the urge to talk to someone about everything and switch topics a lot. It's one of the reasons I can't sleep. I don't know what it could be related to or it's just the way my mind works.

Also I hate starting threads but I felt like expressing how I feel and I don't know where else to do it in.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I'm having racing mind right now. Like I have the urge to talk to someone about everything and switch topics a lot. It's one of the reasons I can't sleep. I don't know what it could be related to or it's just the way my mind works.

Also I hate starting threads but I felt like expressing how I feel and I don't know where else to do it in.
-pressured speech
-inflated self-esteem or grandiosity
-decreased need for sleep
-flight of ideas or the subjective experience that thoughts are racing
-easy distractibility and attention-deficit similar to attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
-increase in psychomotor agitation
-involvement in pleasurable activities that may have a high potential for ----negative psycho-social or physical consequences (e.g., the person engages in unrestrained buying sprees, sexual indiscretions, reckless driving, or foolish business investments).[4]

any of these present?

·
Mega awesome
5,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
-pressured speech
-inflated self-esteem or grandiosity
-decreased need for sleep
-flight of ideas or the subjective experience that thoughts are racing
-easy distractibility and attention-deficit similar to attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
-increase in psychomotor agitation
-involvement in pleasurable activities that may have a high potential for ----negative psycho-social or physical consequences (e.g., the person engages in unrestrained buying sprees, sexual indiscretions, reckless driving, or foolish business investments).[4]

any of these present?
No , I don't do that. I do have distractibility problems.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts

·
Banned
296 Posts
It's most likely just anxiety manifesting itself in a different way. I get racing thoughts from time to time, and yes, they could be extremely irritating. The general rule of thumb i've found is to stop trying to control them or make the thoughts stop. By attempting to exert control, you actually lose it because you send the signal to your subconscious mind that these thoughts are a terrible stressor. So, accepting that they're out of your ''jurisdiction'';) will normally lead to them stopping much sooner. Fight or flight or accept.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts