Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help please.

I am quickly running out of options for life to get better.

All I want is a gf, more friends, and a job. Thats all I'm asking!!!! What I don't understand is why I'm prevented constantly from pursuing these things.

I am just about to have a nervous breakdown, life is starting to become meaningless to me. To me, life now actually has no meaning. I feel helpless, extremely hopeless, extremely lonely, and honestly want to die. I just can't take it anymore. Everything I've worked for is quickly falling to pieces, and my social life is being ripped to shreds. I don't see a purpose to live. If someone can give me at least one purpose to keep going, then kudos to you, because I am at my wits end. I fail all the time, and no one cares. Its impossible to get through one day. I generally can't get anything accomplished, and its mostly due to the fact I see no purpose in it anymore. I'm basically here, just wasting and withering away into nothing basically stale waiting for something good (very remote chance) to happen.
The odds of me getting any better over the next 20 years is remote, unless I can get my bearings and start having good things happen, Otherwise I'm set up for a big crash. a BIG crash. Its like I am already dead and living in spirit, just watching.
In fact, everything in my life is remote. Nothing works. Nothing ever will, at least thats how I feel right now. I am a dumbass, waiting for myself to croak, hopefully when I'm still young.
I'm sick and tired of life.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Please don't think that way! I recently made a friend who was an addict and he scared me with a similar viewpoint- waiting to die. He thought drugs were the only things that'd make him happy, so without them he'd waste away. Granted, withdrawal had a lot to do with this, but still. There's more to life than what you think.

A girlfriend, more friends and a job would be awesome. Hell, I'm alone, have 3 friends who ditched me on my birthday, and I'm in school looking for Summer internships. I'd love to have someone who always asks how my day went. Or someone to drink with. But AS OF NOW, I don't. That doesn't mean I never will. I just have to keep going.

Same with you. Just keep living. Do things you enjoy- art, sports, music, anything. And don't try so hard. I tried online dating, etc. and it just made me miserable. Let things come to you organically and remember that nothing is the end of the world. I believe in you.

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I love music, its like my life. I am now trying to enjoy myself as much as possible. Best of luck to you too!!!

·
Registered
733 Posts
You should probably seek help, if you're feeling these things. It seems like from your post that you're depressed, however, from how it was written, it comes off as more hyped up. Do you suffer from mood swings?
I'm just drinking alone tonight, like I do most weekends. I can empathize with how you feel. I'll let you know if it ever gets OK, yeah?

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should probably seek help, if you're feeling these things. It seems like from your post that you're depressed, however, from how it was written, it comes off as more hyped up. Do you suffer from mood swings?
I'm just drinking alone tonight, like I do most weekends. I can empathize with how you feel. I'll let you know if it ever gets OK, yeah?
Just depressed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have honestly been in that position..not even that long ago. I was constantly thinking up ways I could end it all but a little voice at the back of my head always told me it wouldn't work and maybe it wasn't worth giving up just yet - but I felt like everything was totally pointless, everything I tried went wrong, whenever something good happened and I thought I was getting my life sorted something would go wrong again and i'd just totally crash and I KNEW my reactions were far stronger than the situation required but I couldn't do anything about it. I've had this on and off for the last 16yrs and usually just playing music or seeing friends has snapped me out of it, but last year I ended up getting professional help. I've tried a few different medications, still trying to find the right combination but at least it's a journey. I also have a brilliant psychologist who has literally saved my life - well worth trying to find someone because if you find the right person it can totally turn your life around.

anyway just don't give up - no matter how horrible things seem they will get better in time, and don't be afraid to get professional help if you need it - the whole stigma thing attached to it is ridiculous and only held by people who have no understanding of it. hope things get better for you soon

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have honestly been in that position..not even that long ago. I was constantly thinking up ways I could end it all but a little voice at the back of my head always told me it wouldn't work and maybe it wasn't worth giving up just yet - but I felt like everything was totally pointless, everything I tried went wrong, whenever something good happened and I thought I was getting my life sorted something would go wrong again and i'd just totally crash and I KNEW my reactions were far stronger than the situation required but I couldn't do anything about it. I've had this on and off for the last 16yrs and usually just playing music or seeing friends has snapped me out of it, but last year I ended up getting professional help. I've tried a few different medications, still trying to find the right combination but at least it's a journey. I also have a brilliant psychologist who has literally saved my life - well worth trying to find someone because if you find the right person it can totally turn your life around.

anyway just don't give up - no matter how horrible things seem they will get better in time, and don't be afraid to get professional help if you need it - the whole stigma thing attached to it is ridiculous and only held by people who have no understanding of it. hope things get better for you soon
Thanks for your reply!!! Sadly things haven't improved except for one thing and that is I'm starting a new job tomorrow, big problem is that I know all the people at work there already (I shop there all the time) and there's no one I can become friends with. So I'll have basically no one to talk to there. I think therapy is the best way to go for me at this point, and I'm also going back to school next semester to try to meet people again there. Are there any online psychologists I can speak to for free? Need feedback on this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts