Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having problems with sleeping. I have been taking Trazedone for the sleeping and Celexa during the day for depression. The doctor has diagnosed me with low grade depression. I just feel like I need to get sleep. Funny thing is that when I wake up from as little as 2-4 hours of sleep that finally happens at 6 am, I don't feel tired, but alert and awake. I have hard times during the day with concentrating and remembering and staying on tasks. Sometimes, I feel fatigued. Can anyone relate to this? Is it unusual to have this little sleep and feel fine(not tired) when wake? Can this be harmful to my health to go on like this for very long? The Trazedone hasn't helped me. I take two. I 'm afraid to take three. I feel like two makes me feel numb and tingly all over and it kind of scary to feel like I can't control it.
Any one have any advice on what I shoud do? Also I read on the side effects for Celexa, that insomnia was a side effect. Why would the doc. give me this if I'm having problems sleeping to begin with?
Wouldn't something like Lunesta or Ambien be a better choice for me?
I really hope to get something that works soon. This is just insane!

Thanks everyone for your advice and help!

·
You can do this!
4,464 Posts
I can relate so well! The times I've been hypomanic, I was just like that. It was exhausting (but not in a way that could make me sleep!).

Trazodone is pretty heavy-duty. If it's not working, I rather have my doubts that Ambien or Lunesta would. Personally I'd consider Seroquel. Anywhere from 25-200mg (start with 25), it often works when nothing else does.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts