Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Call Me !!!!
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys prefer to be the quiet one in a group of loud people or like the loud one in a group of quiet people ?

·
Renewed Hope
354 Posts
Loud one in a group of quiet people. Being the quiet one makes me feel that I don't belong in the group and that I need to speak more.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't care as long as I'm different. Either way, I'm the one providing balance haha.

·
Call Me !!!!
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought i'd ask cos outwith my friends , family where we are all on the same wavelength sometimes i find myself in group situations and it seems like everyone is a step ahead of me or sumfin i dunno kinda like my only contribution to the conversation is the occasional awkward outburst of " Hehe, yeah no **** guys" or sumfin n then theirs times where i'm like the loud one n like nobody else is saying much n it's like ooookay someone call a doctor this place is dead typea thing.

But yeah i just thought id see if i was the only one that found myself in those awkward situations and what situation you guys felt most comfortable in.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
I tend to withdraw in louder groups and feel like I need to step up in quieter groups. I don't feel confident or enjoy being the loud one and I just feel out of place in louder groups. So I hate both scenarios.

I prefer groups where I'm on the same level as everyone else so that I can be myself.

·
sad panda
675 Posts
I have two small groups of friends. In one, the less intense group, I'm generally the happy/hyper one, and in the other, loud and intense group, I'm the quiet, moody one. A lot of my personality is determined by how the people around me make me feel. I much prefer being the loudish person in a quiet"er" group, because I'm more comfortable when I don't feel pressured to keep up with the loud group. :p lol, if that made any sense to anyone.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Loud one in a group of quiet people. Being the quiet one makes me feel that I don't belong in the group and that I need to speak more.
I know what you mean. I feel like I need to speak up more but I would rather be the quieter person in the group.

·
Daydreaming
586 Posts
Quiet in a group of loud people. I can't really talk either way, but I'd rather stay silent...if the group was quiet, I would feel like I can't talk at all, more than in a group of people who are loud/already talking, but then, I feel like I'd be interfering if I were to talk and besides, if they are loud, most likely they would not even hear me if I were to speak....:um

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
I've never been the loud one, lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts