Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Channel 13 Said Im A Punk
513 Posts
It's referring to giving a third degree burn (the worst burn known to man). When somebody is interrogated, or "debriefed" as it is known in some circles, they are put in the "hot seat". It all relates back to temperature and the devastating effects that temperature can inflict on the human body and psyche. The third degree in this case is a mind burn, not a body burn.

·
I have no heart!!
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's referring to giving a third degree burn (the worst burn known to man). When somebody is interrogated, or "debriefed" as it is known in some circles, they are put in the "hot seat". It all relates back to temperature and the devastating effects that temperature can inflict on the human body and psyche. The third degree in this case is a mind burn, not a body burn.
excellent try but no, thats not the right answer

·
Channel 13 Said Im A Punk
513 Posts
In ages past and long forgotten, schools of higher learning did not have specific titles for degrees conferred. Instead of Bachelor or Associate degrees, they were simply called the first and second degrees. Few possessed the mental acumen to seek beyond a second degree. At graduation, and before the third degree was bestowed, the student had to sit before a tribunal of learned elders and answer rapid fire questions from dusk until dawn. Only the best survived (and they would one day serve on the same tribunal). This is where the saying comes from.

·
I have no heart!!
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In ages past and long forgotten, schools of higher learning did not have specific titles for degrees conferred. Instead of Bachelor or Associate degrees, they were simply called the first and second degrees. Few possessed the mental acumen to seek beyond a second degree. At graduation, and before the third degree was bestowed, the student had to sit before a tribunal of learned elders and answer rapid fire questions from dusk until dawn. Only the best survived (and they would one day serve on the same tribunal). This is where the saying comes from.
correct really good!!!!-- you wikied it didnt you lol?

·
Banned
1,662 Posts
Can I play

Were does the expresion 3 sheets to the wind come from?

·
I have no heart!!
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Were does the expresion 3 sheets to the wind come from?
you have to be a sailor to get this-- it referes to the sails on a boat not being secured tighty enough, therefore the boat would sway in the wind like a drunken sailor or something--

·
Banned
1,662 Posts
you have to be a sailor to get this-- it referes to the sails on a boat not being secured tighty enough, therefore the boat would sway in the wind like a drunken sailor or something--
1/2 a mark does, anyone know the full explanation?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.