Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
ThirdEyeGrind
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked to this girl at a concert the other day. And we were talking for a while but I brought up my anxiety and I imagine that was probably a huge mistake. Was it? I know women like confident guys and you shouldn't mention anything about your personal problems like while flirting or if you're just dating. So, are my instincts right and this was a mistake? Also, the chick was 30 and looked about 25 and I told her she looked alot younger then 30. That was good right?

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
how did you mention it? what was her reaction afterward?

not a big deal honestly. i think girls would more likely like a guy who was honest and open and comfortable enough to mention something like that casually. i actually think that displays a fair amount of confidence too.

and the age was fine too, most like to hear they look younger. well except for me but i get told i look 15 and i don't enjoy knowing i look like a kid rather than a woman

·
ThirdEyeGrind
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I was like. umm. Actually I don't remember, I was kinda drunk. But it came up. I think Clonazepam came up too. Oh well. Just making sure I did all the right things. Also there's a girl that I met in a liquor store recently. I'm pretty sure she like'd me. We were flirting, she pinched my nipple lol. and then she came over to my car and told me the store she worked at. I was too idk, shocked that girls are liking me now I guess, to ask her name n number. Do you think she wants me to go to her job and find her? I don't know why else you'd tell a stranger where you worked. Plus give them t*tty twisters lol. She def. was flirting with me. I don't think she was drunk, she acted perfectly sober. Do you think she wants me to go looking for her where she works?

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
haha.. definitely flirting with you. if she mentioned it like "oh by the way i work at denny's near blah blah blah" then it does seem like she wants you to show up.
well whichever way she said it, you just casually go in and be like "so i was driving by, and i remembered you said you worked here" etc

·
ThirdEyeGrind
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha.. definitely flirting with you. if she mentioned it like "oh by the way i work at denny's near blah blah blah" then it does seem like she wants you to show up.
well whichever way she said it, you just casually go in and be like "so i was driving by, and i remembered you said you worked here" etc
Awesome. Thanks alot for the help. I really appreciate it. I'm gonna go lookin for this girl. Too bad the store she works at is huge lol. She probly is at a register though. IDK, I'll just look for her and say what you said "i was driving by", or maybe i'll be like "ha, i found you"., nah, i don't know. But I really wanna ask her on a date. Badly. She's so cute. I just hope she's not like 16 and looks older lol. Well thanks again. You are very helpful : ).

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
I would say you did okay.

I am so glad you didn't put your hand on her fanny and say "Hey Baby, you and me can party!". :afr

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
For the first girl, as long as you turned it into a positive and you didn't dwell on it, then you should be ok. With the second girl you should go to her work place like you're a customer. I'm sure she'll spot you and then take it from there.

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
I would say you did okay.

I am so glad you didn't put your hand on her fanny and say "Hey Baby, you and me can party!". :afr
dude how is still here. this is easily one of the most ban-worthy SAS posts ever.

and it's not a comment on the mod so i hope i don't get a warning for expressing my disagreement that a terribly vulgar and offensive post remains here, which just happens to be from one of the SAS members with the most power

·
Registered
405 Posts
Just in case things aren't clear, in America it does mean backside, and conversely, it most outrageously does mean "that" in Britain. I will say nothing of the word's status in Canada, since all of my attempts to phrase the explanation seem to work best as innuendo.

From the New Oxford American Dictionary:

fanny |ˈfanē|
noun ( pl. -nies)
1 informal a person's buttocks.
2 Brit., vulgar slang a woman's genitals.
ORIGIN late 19th cent.: of unknown origin.

The More You Know

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
never mention to a girl you have mental problems. thats just a red flag. also if you have anything that could be consider geeky, keep it to yourself. theres several girls on this site that say geekiness is cute, and it is girls love that but not if they dont know you well. these are things that need to come out later in the friendship/relationship

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
dude how is still here. this is easily one of the most ban-worthy SAS posts ever.

and it's not a comment on the mod so i hope i don't get a warning for expressing my disagreement that a terribly vulgar and offensive post remains here, which just happens to be from one of the SAS members with the most power
yea fanny here in america just means butt. here in vegas, theres a personal injury attorney that says "and i know it just hurts me when my little girl hurts her fanny" on one of his commercials.

·
Registered
5 Posts
never mention to a girl you have mental problems. thats just a red flag. also if you have anything that could be consider geeky, keep it to yourself. theres several girls on this site that say geekiness is cute, and it is girls love that but not if they dont know you well. these are things that need to come out later in the friendship/relationship
That's right. Keep your personal problems personal, especially if you have just met someone.

I say if you are a geek feel free to act geeky. There are plenty of geek girls out there. Girls can usually tell pretty fast if you're not being yourself.

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
Just in case things aren't clear, in America it does mean backside, and conversely, it most outrageously does mean "that" in Britain. I will say nothing of the word's status in Canada, since all of my attempts to phrase the explanation seem to work best as innuendo.

From the New Oxford American Dictionary:

fanny |ˈfanē|
noun ( pl. -nies)
1 informal a person's buttocks.
2 Brit., vulgar slang a woman's genitals.
ORIGIN late 19th cent.: of unknown origin.

The More You Know
Ha ha ha yes, my eyes popped out for a moment before I remembered it means something else in America...

That's right. Keep your personal problems personal, especially if you have just met someone.

I say if you are a geek feel free to act geeky. There are plenty of geek girls out there. Girls can usually tell pretty fast if you're not being yourself.
^:agree

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
I talked to this girl at a concert the other day. And we were talking for a while but I brought up my anxiety and I imagine that was probably a huge mistake. Was it? I know women like confident guys and you shouldn't mention anything about your personal problems like while flirting or if you're just dating. So, are my instincts right and this was a mistake? Also, the chick was 30 and looked about 25 and I told her she looked alot younger then 30. That was good right?
It's ok to mention your problems with shyness but try not to overwhelm the person. People don't like to hear overwhelming things that early because it can make them feel pressured in a variety of ways. Sometimes it's truly better we keep things unsaid, but if you mention it lightly and not put any sort of pressure on her then your ok.

Also, confidence is important for any relationship because your partner can't help you with your problems, only you can. Even family members will give up because eventually they cannot do everything for you that you should be doing yourself. I would elaborate in detail further, but the jist is that you should love yourself before you can sustain the energy required to contribute to someone else. It's tough but that's what makes humans so great, we are emotionally malleable.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts