Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I will be seeing a doctor for the first time tommorow and am wondering, since i get very anxious when speaking to someone like that, if you guys think it would be alright to write everything down on a paper so I don't forget anything, since I seem to get too nervous and leave a lot of things out.

Plus he can just read it instead of asking me a million question.

A reply would be great,

Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think that would be a great idea. Note any medications you take, if he prescribes you anything, he'll ask you about them. You might want to write down your symptoms, if you become anxious you might forget some of them otherwise. Keep in mind that he'll probably also ask whether your symptoms are more mental (fear, shame) or physical (shaking, sweating), or a combination.

I can't think of other information to note, but put whatever you feel is important. :yes

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Yes, putting it in writing would be perfectly fine. In fact, a show of having to hand over a written letter rather than actually speak this would seem to support your view that you have SA.

And what's wrong with writing? Doctor's take notes on patients.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
I think it is a good idea as well. I sometimes do this so I remember everything I want to talk about. Good Luck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wish I did that when I went to the doctor. It took me 2+ years to finally get the courage to see a doctor and talk about my problems. A letter would of definetly been easier!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey

It worked out pretty well, I took my mom with me also, which helped. He gave me 10mg of paxil and I have to go see him again to increase the dose in 2 weeks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts