Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with SA at Queen's U or just living in Kingston Ontario? If so respond or pm me if you want to meet sometime and try to make an SA gathering group. I will be in Kingston starting in September.

·
gone
5,224 Posts
I lived in Kingston for a few months (during the winter, bleh) back during a co-op work term in university. This was quite a few years ago now. I lived at a place about a fifteen minute walk from Queens, so a few times I walked down there around the campus to kill time in the evenings. It's a really nice campus, with a lot of pretty limestone buildings. That's what I remember from those days anyway.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice to hear from you Zephyr. I don't really know Kingston that well but I assume the nicer parts of the city to live in would be near the Queen's U campus? I need to find a place to rent and I don't want to end up in a bad part of town.

·
gone
5,224 Posts
Eh, I don't know. There's Princess Street, which runs largely east-west and divides Kingston. I think a lot of the nicest neighbourhoods were north of Princess Street, whereas the university is quite a bit south of it. I remember when it got to April and I walked the streets around there, a lot of the houses were rented out to students. Nothing there was "bad", but I didn't recall any rich neighbourhoods in that area.

The place I stayed at was near the corner of Regent and Brock streets, just across from a little square park called Churchill Park. You could probably look this up on Google Maps. The woman who owned the place rented out to students, although she lived there as well. Like I said it wasn't as close to Queen's as you can get, but the bus route went down Regent and there was a stop literally just in front of the house. So when the weather was bad the students could just hop on the bus. I don't know if she's still there, but I think she charged a bit less because it wasn't right next to the school, but certainly wasn't too far away either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts