Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 24 and am having serious trouble deciding what career I want to enter. I always thought I wanted to go into law and was in law school for one year but I recently had to take a leave of absence because of a severe relapse of my anxiety. Now I am uncertain whether law is really the right career choice for me but I do not know what else I can do because I have never tried anything else. I just want a career that makes me happy and I do not think law is right for me anymore. Does anyone have any advice about how they started their career? How did you find the right career for you?

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Oh my gosh!

I have never heard anyone use that phrase besides me - WOW!

I went into computers thinking that they are the future and all. I still think I made the right decision for me even though I was unemployed for two years (the bubble burst :hide). That's what got my anxiety going again.

I would reassess the law thing. It sounds like something you may still want to do. There is a vast area in that (especially when helping out techies like me :lol). Corporate lawyers, etc.

I also want to be a meteorologist - I have a lot of science and math in my background already, although it is not a very sought-after field. I am seriously considering this as a Master's degree someday.

Maybe I'm rambling - at 24, your options are still wide open.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts