Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A psychologist told me to focus on the quality of my friendships, and not the quantity.
I had been complaining about my utter inability to make friends, whining about my insecurities, and I thought it was a really good suggestion.
So instead of trying to be universally pleasant and worrying about everyone liking me, I'm focusing on the people I most genuinely respect, trying to spend more time with them and getting to know them better, and forgetting about everyone else.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Well I don't remember where I got this from, but instead of focusing on whether others like me I focus on how I can like them. Everyone's pretty cool if you really get to know them.

Your concept is pretty great too though. I'll try that. :)

·
stillborn
1,764 Posts
I think my therapist told me something like that too. But I've been focusing on the quality of my relationships so much to the point where I'm friendless.

·
Registered
102 Posts
That's a good idea because I find myself trying to make friends and spending time with people who are shallow and usually only respect me because I'm decent looking and athletic. The people who I respect and who are true friends are not as "cool" as they are but they are quality. I should change my ways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts