Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have been suffering from SA and depression for years and years and I am only 22. All throughout high school and my college years I haven't really had any friends. I have had to be my own best friend. It gets real lonely but I am getti g better day by day with the help of medication and other things. Every time I go back to England, I live on the US my sister puts me down about not having friends and says things that really hurt and that I still think about today. She has done this a few times in the last 3 years. But now she is begging me to use my ID in England so she can go drink with her friends. She is 17 and the ID is with me here in boston. I haven't given it her yet cause I feel she doesn't derserve it after the stuff she has said and she keeps facebooking me about it. Should I send it over or not do u guys think?

·
behind you
748 Posts
Ha!, no I would never give it to her. She doesn't respect you and then asks you to give her your ID. My brothers do this and it gets annoying. Also if she gets caught, you might get in trouble as well...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Don't do it.

Try to forget what your sister says. Sisters can be like that, overly critical and sometimes cruel with their comments. At least I have experienced that with my sister. Don't let her comments get to you. Be strong. You can have friends if you want, just put in some more effort that you currently are and gradually you will get there. Challenge yourself each day or every other day to reach out to someone, no matter who it is and just smile or have a little conversation about anything.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What meds are you on if you don't mind me asking.?
I am on wellbutrin been on it for a few months now. And my doctor got me going on lexapro as well, as soon as I can get my hands on some. Cost me a bomb but hopefully it will be worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.