Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 17 years old, and I'm just a SENIOR into highschool. I always hook up at parties and etc and get a fair ammount of girls, but nothing has ever been serious since like grade 8. (Im a guy btw)

I've noticed, everytime I start to flirt with a girl and she flirts back and we start to hit it off, after a few weeks, I quit on the girl, even if I do have feelings for it, I just have a fear of letting them get to close to me and then I give up.

There is this one girl, who I have been flirting with and we've made it clear we kinda want each other, and she knows I used to have a crush on her in grade 9 and never had the balls to make a move back then.

It's going great, shes super dope and a really good looking girl. This whole summerrs been good and we've had good talks and she's even mentioned sex.

Thing is, now it's gotten to the point where, I'm trying to push myself away from her and I think I have a fear of letting her get to close to me.
I've had CLOSE friends who were females before but it always ends with me backing away slowly and walking out of there life.

Everytime I start to care to much about a person, I don't know WHY but I keep walking away from them. This girl though is different and I feel myself and see it happening AGAIN, but I'm sick of feeling like this and doing this over and over with girls I care about.

This is one reason I haven't had a girlfriend in so long, because Ive been hooking up at parties, having sex and no hard feelings to it. So with this girl, I can see myself being in a relationship with her but it's just hard and confusing.

Any advice ? Has anyone else felt like this before?

·
Shauna The Dead
6,389 Posts
I've been pushing friends away, I believe. I dont even wanna talk about a relationship, zero interest in that right now. Don't see the point.
But I've been living with a friend and when he has friends over...I often go in my room or say I'm going to bed, etc. Just to get away from all the people. And some of the people are people that I like. Other times it's people I don't like. I just prefer to be alone(or only with my daughter) anymore it seems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The best advice I can give is stay aware of the feeling without acting on it. You will start to feel tense and anxious but if you stay with it and don't give in you will start to understand what lies beneath that compulsion.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I push people away. If we get too close they have the power to hurt me. And I'd rather push them away before they use things against me or just plain abandon me. So, really, I'd rather be the one pushing because then I can know why they've left my life.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Wow, this is exactly what my (ex) boyfriend did. He said he's too scared to be in a relationship for over a month, he told me this as he was breaking up with me. I had no idea beforehand. I really want to try to pursue him again or at least be his friend.

Now I at least know these things happen, at first I thought there must be something else he isn't telling me.

·
slave
4,382 Posts
I've pushed people away. Both male and females. Whenever someone showed any romantic interest in me, I always got flabbergasted and pushed them away because I felt I was doing them a favor. And of course, I myself have faced a lot of abandonment during my childhood, so that influenced this.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i have abandonment issues too, for me its that i really dont like people to leave my life, as a result i had been in a really unhealthy relationship for 4 yrs. im friends with all my ex's because i cant bare the thought of people being gone like that

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.