Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long does it take for you to Psych your self out to usually interact in social situations.? Add your own if you want, but heres my biggest issues

Presenting in front of a class? - For me I'm ALWAYS the last person to present. Even when I'm up I am never ready to present and I usually just rush through it as fast as I can to get back to my chair.

Meeting new people- For this one its easier when I'm drunk and I (know) people are looking at me expecting me to do somthing crazy cause my Cousin in-law is one of those crazy social people and hes usually who I got out with. So I just start downing whatever there is to drink and usually have to start a conversation with "what do you do" and then I get to listen to this guy/girl talk forever without me wanting or knowing what to say.

Walk in to store to talk to someone about a job
Probably forever, I usually drive around pretending to be going somewhere important only to work up the nerve to finally walk in to just ask a low-level employee for a application and walk out as fast as I can. When I ment to go in and talk to a manager.

Walk into a store because you forgot somthing I usually always forget something at a walmart or another big chain store like that. Usually I drive around looking for another one Lol and get it from that store(anyone else do that?)

Add more if you have some

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well a good advice if you're presenting in front of the class is to try to be the very first one to present then you will feel less anxious while everyone else in the class is too anxious to even focus on you.

To prepare myself for social situation, the thing I usually do is nothing. I just jump straight into it. Like in the morning when I want to leave the house, I just leave cos if I don't I'll keep looking in the mirror of something and waste a lot of time.

I've never applied for a job or gone to a party. When I want to buy something I just do it .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts