Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi id just like to ask what people's opinions are regarding Prozac and other drugs in the same class to help S.A.S.

When I first took Prozac over a year ago I had become quite depressed for a number of resons - Prozac definitely did help my depression and also my S.A.S - It seemed to work for about 8 months and has stopped.

Although I not seriously depressed apart from ovious affects of S.A.S(No Life) durring the time the Prozac did work my S.A.S was minamal and had lots of energy found going to Gyms no problem - going to College no Problem talking with opposite sex no problem - talking with with most people not a problem - generaly I was more relaxed and confident.

Should I realy bother the Doctor as i'm not depressed but my anxiety is back and i'm uncunfertable around people and jumpey in underknown situations and have a meadium hate for myself.

Thanks for advice

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hi id just like to ask what people's opinions are regarding Prozac and other drugs in the same class to help S.A.S.

When I first took Prozac over a year ago I had become quite depressed for a number of resons - Prozac definitely did help my depression and also my S.A.S - It seemed to work for about 8 months and has stopped.

Although I not seriously depressed apart from ovious affects of S.A.S(No Life) durring the time the Prozac did work my S.A.S was minamal and had lots of energy found going to Gyms no problem - going to College no Problem talking with opposite sex no problem - talking with with most people not a problem - generaly I was more relaxed and confident.

Should I realy bother the Doctor as i'm not depressed but my anxiety is back and i'm uncunfertable around people and jumpey in underknown situations and have a meadium hate for myself.

Thanks for advice
You don't have to be depressed to take antidepressants, it's just a common use among many. If you don't like the side-effects of SSRIs (particularly sexual ones) you may want to consider mirtazapine (Remeron) alone or in combination with one, or bupropion (Wellbutrin) with the SSRI.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts