Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm not a student and am not facing any educational dilemmas, but I have something to say as far as education and SA goes. I just got back from my sisters graduation and it got me thinking a lot about people with Social Anxiety and how horrible school is for us. I let my SA get the best of me and dropped out of High School this past September and have regretted almost every day since. While I was watching those people walk up to take their seats, and later walk up to get their diplomas I felt horrible thinking that I'm supposed to be graduating HS next year; this would be me soon. The graduates were all glowing with happiness and their families were so proud of them. It must be a great feeling. It must be one of the best times of your life. Then I started thinking that there are so many of us out there that have SA problems just as bad and even worse then I do, and yet you all still manage to surpass the horrors of eating in the crowded cafeteria, walking the crowded halls, giving presentations in front of everyone, and not to mention all the social interaction you're expected to make. Proms, sports teams, etc. etc. that's all school is is socializing in one way or another. and it's hard for people like us, am I wrong? So I really just wanted to commend you all for not letting your SA get the best of you. I so envy you. You're strong and obviously have a great sense of will power; just think, if you can go through 4 years of all of that, you're strong enough to recover. Does that sound stupid? It makes sense to me but.. I don't know. Just keep it up and you'll go far, regardless.

:clap:clap:clap I admire you guys, lol!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts