Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Programmers and CS students

:idea

Hello I am looking for people with computer science major or those who are programmers or have a interest in computers and related fields .

Knowing people from the same field and same Interest is always better so its always better

I am Computer Science major currently studying in my 3rd year (from India)
I am always open for talk and if someone needs help feel free to contact me I will surely try to help with whatever I know .

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
I'm a computer science major, starting my 3rd year this fall. Currently taking a web development class over the summer. :)

So far I know some C++, Java, JavaScript, HTML & CSS, PHP, and SQL.

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
I'm in Computer Science, a 2 year degree that has stretched to three. I'm in my second year and graduating soon.

Talk at me. I'm currently learning PHP. I've covered Ajax, Javascript, XHTML, CSS, ASP.NET, and Visual Basic.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello, first year student.
I'm mostly a C/C++ programmer. Have worked on programs in x86-64 ASM, Java, C#, and R.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
CS grad here.
Pascal, C/C++, Java, HTML/XML, FORTRAN, and Perl.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm actually highly interested in computer science/programming.
I'm down to chat if anyone wants.

Oh by the way I know some..
HTML, CSS, Javascript/jQuery, Ruby on Rails, very little Node.js

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know C C++ HTML and learning Java this summer

1.)Would someone like to tell me some must visit sites for a computer science student ?

I usually use Quora to view topics related to CS

The response is good :) hope people keep posting here :yes

2.)It would be nice if we could share what projects we have worked on , any software you made or any other achievements related to CS .

So far i have made a Hangman game in C and made a clock in using C Graphics ( i know they are small and easy still but I am proud of them :))

·
Registered
83 Posts
I know C C++ HTML and learning Java this summer

1.)Would someone like to tell me some must visit sites for a computer science student ?

I usually use Quora to view topics related to CS

The response is good :) hope people keep posting here :yes

2.)It would be nice if we could share what projects we have worked on , any software you made or any other achievements related to CS .

So far i have made a Hangman game in C and made a clock in using C Graphics ( i know they are small and easy still but I am proud of them :))
I frequently browse StackOverflow and GitHub.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I'm going to start my second year in college for CS this fall.

I know Java, Python, and OCaml (plus C# and some other stuff like that), and I'm trying to learn C++ over the summer.

As far as sites, StackOverflow is great, and I find Project Euler a lot of fun too. Also I like the computerphile channel on youtube. And then Coursera, edX, and MIT Open Courseware for video lectures on interesting topics.

Oh, and if anyone's up for a challenge,

http://3564020356.org/

If anyone manages to solve Riddle 6, I'd like some hints :D

·
Villain in glasses
3,511 Posts
I'm going to start my second year in college for CS this fall.

I know Java, Python, and OCaml (plus C# and some other stuff like that), and I'm trying to learn C++ over the summer.

As far as sites, StackOverflow is great, and I find Project Euler a lot of fun too. Also I like the computerphile channel on youtube. And then Coursera, edX, and MIT Open Courseware for video lectures on interesting topics.

Oh, and if anyone's up for a challenge,

http://3564020356.org/

If anyone manages to solve Riddle 6, I'd like some hints :D
I could help with c++. I've been going to daily programmer for challenges

·
Registered
4 Posts
Going into the final year of my CS degree in September :)

I know C++, Java, JS, PHP, MySQLi, and HTML (if you count it as a language)

Has anybody else had trouble thinking of a dissertation topic for their final year? I'm interested in AI and I prefer working with websites but I just can't think of a solid idea...

·
Commander of the Normandy
310 Posts
*The only non-CS major in this thread*

I'm a computer engineering major, and I've had a class in C++ this past year. My embedded design class this upcoming year will focus on programming in C to control some sort of robotic hand. (I'm pretty thrilled.)

·
SAS Member
1,111 Posts
High school junior here!!!

I'm interested in comp sci!!!

Know java, c++, Python

Somewhat Haskell, html

I'm planning to major in cs though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts