Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to bring one outfit that is very very professional. Do you think I will ever wear it for something. I honestly don't think I will, but someone on another forum was telling this girl to bring professional outfits. At the time, I didn't care but now that I'm thinking about it...will I ever need to look professional. It's going to be my freshman year. If I do get a job...I already have work study, but if I get another one it's going to be at a clothing or grocery store and I don't need a very very business type professional outfit for that. Has any ex-freshman ever needed that kind of outfit for their freshman year. Maybe I'm over thinking, but I'd like to be prepared since I'm going to be far from home.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I didn't buy a suit until after my second year when I interviewed for an internship.

I didn't even think about bringing a suit to college in freshman year, nor that I would need one.

But I mean, it can't hurt, especially if a good opportunity presents itself. So I say, as long as you have space in your suitcase and it isn't too much trouble, go ahead an bring a suit or a set of professional clothing.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Professional attire is suggested to business majors and people who need to look for a job. A lot of people in my classes don't even change out of their pajamas. It is however, nice to have at least one outfit just in case.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I recommend it, if not actually saying everyone should have at least one. The way I look at it is this: If you overdress, you can at least remove some of the clothing. If you underdress, you can't do anything about it.

Also, you never know where you will go, or who you will meet day to day, so always look prepared. This doesn't mean wearing a suit every day, but looking good is important for first impressions.

·
3.14 rocks!
701 Posts
If you want to possibly impress your professors or fellow classmates wear professional attire on class presentation day. For speeches or any sort of scheduled presentation I break out a decent pants/shirt/tie. Why not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts