Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, do you feel that procrastination goes with SA or just low self-esteem? Is it a common problem obstructing your work? I've made it so far, but work issues have been impeding on my studies. Fortunately everyone has been very supportive. But still, it does imperil my academic prospects and also makes me feel very, very angry (or just disappointed) at myself. I could kick myself for missing out on so much reading and practice for writing papers/essays... and the time I've lost. Note: I am aware that for many people this is just a question of self-discipline or the lack thereof; or even worse... laziness.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Wow, I've never thought about it that way! I honestly don't know. But I procrastinate too. way too much. Now that I think about it, my procrastination problems seem to have gotten bigger and more severe since the beginning of my SA.. I know what you mean about missing out on the practice and time >__<

Some words of inspiration from my favorite movie: "You go, Glen Coco!" ..lol it makes ME feel better anyway :p
I really want to know other points of view too!~

·
Trying to want to live
1,652 Posts
I am aware that for many people this is just a question of self-discipline or the lack thereof; or even worse... laziness.
Or organization

Or the internet being too distracting

Or not having learned a reliable way to make progress on something, where you also get feedback (i.e. long projects with no organized milestones and feeling like you have something to show that's tangible.. or maybe you work on something that's not visual)

·
Fabulously Awkward
733 Posts
I just get distracted way too easily. It's the same reason I have trouble studying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts