Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I procrastinate all the time and I have read how a lot of people on the forums have problems with that as well. Is procrastination a result of us having SA or has nothing to do with it?

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I do procrastinate all the time, like now, there is a school work i need to do for next Wednesday, I should have done it already but I didn't (tomorrow i guess).

However, I'd be curious to know if it's really related to SA, or if it's a coincidence that many SAers here are procrastinator, or if there are just many procrastinator in the overall population

·
Banned
2,331 Posts
For me personally, I think it has to do with a constantly daydreaming/ADHD thing. When I used to do speed I could get a ****load of things done, lol. I kind of want to get on Adderall, but I'm afraid of feeling like I'm annoying people and of having nightmares and flashbacks. :blank

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
Procrastination is one of my biggest problems at the moment. I assumed it was due to depression, but perfectionism makes sense, too.

·
Painfully Shy Guy
418 Posts
I think depression has a lot to do with it.

My motto: Why put off till tomorrow what you can put off until the following day?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I think there is a connection between the two, i find i'm not often motivated except in spurts every so often. But once i have a bad social experience i get unmotivated again and procrastinate on just about everything. In my case SA is causing depression as well and that makes me even more likely to put things off. Like looking for a job :(

·
Registered
131 Posts
I signed up for this site a while ago and I hadn't returned until today. I've been so busy reading posts and checking it out that I'm procrastinating doing my lesson plans right now.

I'm a big procrastinator. There are times when it actually pays off. I just went Friday to buy school supplies for my daughter and I found the best deals ever because stuff was on clearance.

I used beat myself up because of procrastination (this is where perfectionism kicks in) but now I just tell myself that with all the things going on in my life and SA and GAD I'm lucky I stay on top of things..

·
Comfortably Numb
232 Posts
Allot of it has to do with us constantly talking ourselves out of things;especially if it means having to interact with others.Also,depression which allot of us are dealing with,it's like an anchor that weighs us down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts