Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have problems when people ask you questions? I apparently get annoyed at some of the questions my boyfriend asks me. I feel like i have to defend myself. It comes across to be like he doesnt think i know what im doing, and it makes me feel stupid. Am i the only one who feels this way?? :eek:

· HaloOfDarkness
613 Posts
I guess it depends on what kind of questions. Chances are if somebody is actually talking to me whether it be asking me questions or just brief conversation, I'm pretty happy but if they are saying stuff that makes me feel kind of dumb or slow then yeah I get a little upset but they'd never know it.

· Banned
133 Posts
Does anybody have problems when people ask you questions? I apparently get annoyed at some of the questions my boyfriend asks me. I feel like i have to defend myself. It comes across to be like he doesnt think i know what im doing, and it makes me feel stupid. Am i the only one who feels this way?? :eek:
Anyone gets annoyed when they are asked questions and challenged in the way that you are by your boyfriend. Tell him that this is how the questions make you feel, and then let him know a way to ask questions that does not make you feel like a moron.

· Buried at Sea
5,150 Posts
I sometimes get defensive when people ask certain questions. Like when I'd tell my ex-gf that I was going home, she'd get upset and start asking all kinds of questions about why. We'd spend all afternoon with her friends and I needed some time to myself, which seemed obvious to me, but she didn't understand and kept asking "why? why? why?"

· Registered
557 Posts
First of all, ok this is gonna sound really weird and if you find this weird don't reply to this lol but I have problems answering questions sometimes cuz I'm afraid the other person won't hear what I'm saying and then I'll have to repeat my answer. OK this is off-topic but anyway...

If anybody asks me questions like "Why don't you talk?" (that bothers me WAY more than "Why are you so quiet?") or asks me questions that make me feel dumb like organicwildroot said then I'll get annoyed.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess it doesnt matter who is asking the question, but its the type of question where the answer seems obvious to me. I look after two adult males in my home with developmental disabilities, i am a supportive roommate. I want to take another job looking after someone at lunch and dinner time. My boyfriend asked me what i was going to do about my two roommates at those times. I was annoyed because nothing would change with them, i would feed them either before or after i go out, or leave them something to eat, ( keep in mind that these two roommates are fairly independent and can go out on their own or be left alone for periods of time)and are able to make food for themselves, i just like to feed them so i know what they are eating. And my boyfriend knows this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.