Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm considering going to see a Doctor. I have doubts about this though because it makes me so nervous. I'm worried that I'll go there and have nothing to say. I've always accepted the way I am and never considered that I have a medical/mental condition.

Since I'm a quiet/shy person I'm always rejected generally. I've always accepted that and just expect to be rejected now. Is this a valid reason to go and see a Doctor? I really wanna pick up the phone but can't get the courage to do it.

Can anyone relate?

I feel so worthless.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
She didn't think there was much wrong with me from what I said. She sent me packing, told me to write up a life plan and come back in a month. She recommended that I go see a psychologist too and gave me their phone number. I never went back.
This is what worries me, being told that not much is wrong with me and I lack ambition.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ive been considering going to the doctor lately. Been living this way since very young and accepted who I am but I'm getting worse. Life is becoming a real struggle. Difficult to get myself to work.

Posted via Topify on Android

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive been considering going to the doctor lately. Been living this way since very young and accepted who I am but I'm getting worse. Life is becoming a real struggle. Difficult to get myself to work.
I've been thinking about trying the herbal remedy St Johns Wort to see if it helps at all.

·
Banned
1,795 Posts
I'm going to see the doctor tomorrow also, its gotten too tough for me. I'm still tuckered out and I got 10 hours of sleep last night.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Go see them, I suggest writing down what you want to say before hand or just do what running man said about handing them the paper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts