Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cant make my face natural in poblic without controling it i all the time try so hard to make a serious natural face but when im at my house im all natural and not fake but why is it happening to in poblic and i also have this with my walking and all my body is just not natural and fake i have to cantrol it so hard to make it natural is this the S.A.D or something els?

i found a video about it

·
Registered
438 Posts
i know what your talking about, its definitely the insecurity but i dont know how to help. Usually when i start thinking about other stuff, like what to have for dinner or what im going to do for the next few days that it goes away.. but then i remind my self again and there i am

·
Confused
432 Posts
I understand what you mean.

I have this problem, specifically at the hairdressers, when sitting the chair I have to really concentrate to stop myself from pulling a crazy grin or frowning a lot. It's a struggle to stay 'neutral face' and I end up with my mouth/face twitching the whole time... what's that all about!? o_O

·
Registered
34 Posts
Exposure is your best bet in my opinion. When i was younger i would hold my arms stiffly in front of me while i walked, when i ran i would look towards the ground and move extremely awkwardly. People mentioned it on occasion and i pretty much just forced myself to do what was considered normal. Given time I was able to change my habits and now walking is as natural as breathing, running on the other hand, still feels a bit unnatural, but its certainly better than before.

Anyway, you're probably being paranoid. Have other people mentioned that your face looks unnatural, or is it just you?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and when im in class when i sit i have to lay on my hand with my mouth on it and that help me but people think im a geek like that and i want to sit without laying on the hand
and dont worry about make a normal face just be natural but i cant!

^ no one said anything about it

·
Quag filante
8,709 Posts
I feel like my face isn't natural most of the time. Even when I'm by myself, I feel like I make the most weirdest expressions. I twitch a lot. It's a *****. :afr

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a similar problem. Tell me, do anyone also have an issue with facial spasms? I feel like I want to express bursts of extreme happiness or excitement. it's so hard to compose myself and look normal but people tell me all the time I look uptight.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is my first post, so I'm not sure how this is going to show up...

I have this problem too and I have temporary solution that sometimes work:
-chew gum/mints
-play with phone
- be doing something like tapping your foot or moving a pen back and forth
-distract yourself with activity that you can do while trying to do whatever task you need to get done

I hope this helps you. And thank-you for sharing, its nice to know that its not just me :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is my first post, so I'm not sure how this is going to show up...

I have this problem too and I have temporary solution that sometimes work:
-chew gum/mints
-play with phone
- be doing something like tapping your foot or moving a pen back and forth
-distract yourself with activity that you can do while trying to do whatever task you need to get done

I hope this helps you. And thank-you for sharing, its nice to know that its not just me :)
ty good to know for me to and that can really help me ty

1 - 10 of 10 Posts