Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working temp assignments for the past year and have looked for permanent ones but had no luck. For some reason i only can get interviews with temp. agencies. I have a pretty good cover letter and resume and applied for positions im qualified for...maybe theres something else im doing wrong? :stu

·
Registered
311 Posts
sometimes temp assignments can lead to full time work. Have you let the agencies know that you really want to find full time permanent work? Do you mention this to the client when you are working on a temp assignment? Maybe they don't know that you're interested? Do you get feedback on temp assignments from the agency? If so, you may want to ask them what the clients are saying - ask them to be honest, and don't get mad if you hear some negatives. Thats a chance for you to build a better repore with future clients/potential employers, by working on the shortcomings.

I've been temping for about 5 years now, but i also work on my own business for about the past 2 years. Often the places i temp at - i would not want to work full time - people are overworked, the place is disorganized, don't care for the people, or the people are great but the place treats thier employees terribly. Temping is a great way to screen out potential employers. I have been asked by some employers (in the beginning) if i wanted to work for them full time - not a one of them that asked me - did i want to work for. Now i just tell them i have my own bookkeeping business and am make it clear that i am not seeking full time work from the very beginning. If you find a company that you enjoy working at though - make sure you tell them that. Also ask them to consider you for any openings that come up.

Good Luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.