Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never knew that he became a Witness. He rides around his limo in Minneapolis going door to door like any other Witness. Wouldn't it be something to get a knock on the door and Prince was standing on the porch talking about religion. :lol

·
Registered
984 Posts
Prince is a weird dude. Still i'd rather he be a jw than a scientologist like a lot of other celebrities.

·
Registered
154,228 Posts
WOW - what a 180 from his musical content! :eyes

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
Wouldn't it be something to get a knock on the door and Prince was standing on the porch talking about religion. :lol
Eeeurgh that thought gives me the f***ing fear. It's like all the things I hate in one neat package:
Unsolicited visit - check
Someone trying to convert me - check
being face to face with a celebrity - check

*shudder*

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
I like Prince and I found out a while ago he was one. I kind of feel sorry for him.
If he came to my door, well, after I have fainted, I'd invite him in and let him talk all he wanted, then get him to sign some stuff for me. If I listened, he owes me.

No offense to any Jehovah's Witnesses out there.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Idiots like Prince and Madonna change their religion more often than I change my underpants. Come to think of it, the Pope changes his religion more often than I change my underpants.
Prince has been a JW for almost 15 years, that's not changing all that fast. And Prince is not an idiot, he at one time was more creative than Michael Jackson ever would be.

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
Prince is great, enormously talented. He's no idiot. I do kind of have a hard time though with the whole JW thing. Perhaps they're a lot less uptight about sex than most religions are.
They aren't. I used to be one, along with the rest of my family, and they have very strict rules about dating and sex. Pretty much, it's a no, no until marriage.
Even casual dating is frowned upon. You shouldn't date unless you are seriously pursuing marriage with that person and you must have chaperons.
It could have changed since, but that's how it was when I was going and that wasn't all that long ago.

·
Registered
11 Posts
One day, I decided to download Prince's greatest hits album. Little did I know, Prince has some pretty cutthroat lawyers... a couple days later, verizon (my net provider) shot me an email saying an unidentified party was threatening to sue, due to illegal downloading of their artist. Verizon had my back though, and refused to release personal records or information. Still, a part of me wished they went through with it, so I could say I was sued by prince... maybe make it into a t-shirt.

Needless to say, I promptly deleted the folder formerly known as prince's greatest hits.

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,918 Posts
One day, I decided to download Prince's greatest hits album. Little did I know, Prince has some pretty cutthroat lawyers... a couple days later, verizon (my net provider) shot me an email saying an unidentified party was threatening to sue, due to illegal downloading of their artist. Verizon had my back though, and refused to release personal records or information. Still, a part of me wished they went through with it, so I could say I was sued by prince... maybe make it into a t-shirt.

Needless to say, I promptly deleted the folder formerly known as prince's greatest hits.
Yeah, Prince goes after a lot of people that share his music. He tried to take down the pirate bay a couple of years ago, and went after dimeadozen for sharing his live concerts.

·
Pervy Ranger #8
772 Posts
I'd actually prefer him as a Scientologist. The religion of aliens and pseudo psychiatry FTW. I wish he'd come to my door. But at any rate, it's like Madonna going Jewish: it really doesn't fit. To a lesser extent, it surprised me when Bob Dylan turned to fundamental Christianity.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I never heard that about Prince before, but it's certainly not the weirdest thing I've heard about him. If any celebrities wants to come to my house and preach religion, it's OK with me, as long as they bring ice cream.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.