Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bumped into an interesting theory today... The theory is that the integration of the reflexes a little baby has, but which should dissappear within the first months (so called "primitive reflexes"), may have been interrupted in some people, so that the reflexes retain...

And they say there is a therapy method. I think it is some kind of motion therapy. Internet is full of "miracle stories" for example about kids who were quiet and withdrawal, but after months of therapy become confident, popular, leaders in a group. And musicians, who have councuered stage fright with these therapy methods etc... Well not full, and this is the thing: why havent I heard about this before? It doesnt seem to be very mainstream.

As a sa people I mostly became interested in so called moro reflex ("fight or run" reflex of the baby)... They say it can cause (among other problems) low self esteem, fears and anxiety, problems with socializing

Anyone heard about this?

(I can paste some links later, now to zzZzz:))

·
Banned
76 Posts
we should all study the fight or flight response on the net,

SA sufferers experience most of it, including panic attacks and derealisation sometimes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts