Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
ThirdEyeGrind
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this isn't the med thread, just lettin ya all know I'm pretty sure that Nardil is what did the trick. That, and really trying to get out and do things. Yea, so I think my SA is mostly gone. I don't think it'll ever be fully gone but its like 85% gone I'd say. When I went to that NIN concert the other day, I was walking to the bathroom, and the whole area where everyone was at was on this huge hill which happened to be completely muddy. I was walking and boom, fell right over on my side. I thought for a second on the ground how I'd react, but I just said "oh well, f it, it happens", got up, kinda smiled, and kept walking. I even met this girl there when I got lost from my friends. We talked for like 30 minutes. Too bad she lives a state over from me. She was HOT, and an extremely nice person. Neway, I just wanted to thank everyone here for your support and, knowledge, and everything else. I'll still be coming in here sharing my thoughts and what not. And I hope that my SA is finally gone this time, FOR GOOD. Thanks everyone. You guys/gals are great!

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
That's great! I think it probably would've been better if you would have got rid of it through some type of therapy so you wouldn't need to take a pill, but as long you're happy then that's good.

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
Congrats AprilEthereal! Glad Nardil is working out for you. Too bad things didn't work out with that girl, but as they say, there are plenty of fish in the sea. You did a great job in being able chat with her :)

·
ThirdEyeGrind
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks alot everyone. And yea, I don't wanna take a pill to feel SA free but I'm pretty sure I'm doing alot of the work too. Last time I was on Nardil, it worked good but I never tried to get better. I still just stayed home and did nothing, never tried to go out with any people. But this time I'm doing the opposite. I'm going out and doing things. Talking to people I haven't talked to in a while, seeing if they'd like to do something. And the great part is for the first time ever, I have a positive self image of myself. I don't look in the mirror anymore and think I look like a hopeless clown. Now I see a good looking nice guy that a girl would be lucky to have. Lol I feel like this is that intervention show or something. Ok, so thats all, I just had to make this thread. I'm just so happy with my life right now. Thanks again.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
From one April to another: You go girlfriend! Congrats!!!!!!!! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts