Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I have pretty bad Social Anxiety. I mean I avoid anything I can that has people, I have alienated myself from all of my old friends, I am extremely uncomfortable talking to everyone. It sucks.

The thing that is different with me than other people with SAD is that where they feel a racy heart, sweaty palms, and adrenaline, i feel nothing. I have no adrenaline, no fight or flight, I dont get happy or sad, anxious, embarrassed, I just freeze up and feel extremely uncomfortable. And all of that is replaced with an enormous amount of pressure in my frontal lobe, and an unbearable amount of eye strain. it gets so bad that I have trouble keeping my eyes open sometimes.

I was really hoping that someone might have some insight into this, because I feel like if I could alleviate the head pressure and get my energy and adrenaline back, and feel some emotion, I could fight this thing one on one.

·
argh
468 Posts
I can't really shine any light on this because my heart does race sometimes; I get nervous easily. But, I also experience eye strain (and pressure in my head) mainly when I'm driving. The last place you want to be anxious is behind the wheel, but there I am. A few times its gotten to the point where my eyes were bloodshot, and it looks like I'm on something. All I've been able to do is tell myself to calm down, and try to do it. I'm glad you brought this up. The only things I can think of at the moment are relaxation exercises. If anyone else has anything more constructive to add, that'd probably be more helpful for you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I do get pressure in my head/eyes, but I don't think as bad as you. I usually just feel sick/nauseaus and my breathing gets really shallow and I can't think straight.

Yes, I've tried relaxation breathing... sometimes it works,sometimes not.

·
Walking thru mindfields
1,800 Posts
Yes I get this pressure too, my right eye feels really pressured and throbbing as well as the right lobe and top side of my brain

·
Registered
30 Posts
the frontal lobe part of your brain contols executing behavior, motor function, problem solving, and coordination - i can't help thinking that maybe it might be naturally, when you get extremely nervous? i know i get this way at times, and if it goes on for long enough, i get lightheaded. :/

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean there are times when i feel so unfomfortable and feel even more uncomfortable when making eye contact. People then notice and look into my eyes i try to force myself to make eye contact but aparantly my eyes goes start wonderirng all over the place and i get stressed it makes me so upset

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know what you mean Lex, its hard to even look at my own eyes in the mirror, its really frustrating. It makes me so mad that I get this uncomfortable, but right before I can get mad enough to do anything, i feel the numbness again, which prevents me from ever getting mad enough to change anything. its kind of a viscous cycle, i dont know if anyone else feels that way.

·
Registered
690 Posts
That sounds a lot like what I have. I feel the same way too that if all that pressure and discomfort wasn't there I wouldn't have too much trouble. Doing Judo has really helped me with it. It gives me an oppurtunity to get rid of all that tension and feel a lot better. So maybe try hard excercise.

·
HaloOfDarkness
608 Posts
I get headaches all the time, I was told it was caused from stress.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know I have pretty bad Social Anxiety. I mean I avoid anything I can that has people, I have alienated myself from all of my old friends, I am extremely uncomfortable talking to everyone. It sucks.

The thing that is different with me than other people with SAD is that where they feel a racy heart, sweaty palms, and adrenaline, i feel nothing. I have no adrenaline, no fight or flight, I dont get happy or sad, anxious, embarrassed, I just freeze up and feel extremely uncomfortable. And all of that is replaced with an enormous amount of pressure in my frontal lobe, and an unbearable amount of eye strain. it gets so bad that I have trouble keeping my eyes open sometimes.

I was really hoping that someone might have some insight into this, because I feel like if I could alleviate the head pressure and get my energy and adrenaline back, and feel some emotion, I could fight this thing one on one.
Oh my goodness, okay.
I joined this so I could reply to your post.
I have been having pressure headaches and strain in my right eye all week. I'm going to see my GP because it's affecting my performance in school greatly. Rrrrgh. I'm so happy to see I'm not the only one experiencing this.

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
it is pretty simple... SA over amplifies things.

if all of a sudden you focus in your sweaty palms... guess what? the sweaty palms is what you will be concentrating on only... and since our body reacts to what we think, the more you think about sweaty palms, the more it continues... and that goes for everything else.... puffy eyes, drinking too much water from a bottled water, chewing gum, wearing sun glasses, sticking/relying on one person... etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello there.. it seems that we have the same problem.. i also feel forehead pressure and eye discomfort which makes my socializing very hard especially eye contact.. i have this for about a year.. i see that your post is a year ago.. what have you done to get help until now..?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean there are times when i feel so unfomfortable and feel even more uncomfortable when making eye contact. People then notice and look into my eyes i try to force myself to make eye contact but aparantly my eyes goes start wonderirng all over the place and i get stressed it makes me so upset
i feel exactly the same... are you better? what did you do to get help?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts