Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a presentation to give in front of many people and I'm nervous about how I will do. I am feeling weird lately and feeling down so I really hope it doesn't show. I need to display confidence and I hope it goes well. Please wish me luck because this is important :afr

·
Registered
148 Posts
just practice , it will all come naturally! and enjoy grasping the audience attention, its fun at times, just try to make them laugh

Good luck!! you'll do good!

·
Greenmail
4,205 Posts
I always find that memorizing my speeches or knowing a lot of the material helps. If you make a mistake, just pretend nothing has happened. Remember that lots of people even those without SA have problems doing speeches. It is nothing to be embarrassed about if you do make a mistake.

Good luck :)

·
Lateralus
2,614 Posts
The toughest thing with presentations is when your mind goes blank -I've had it happen.

I've memorized my presentation, practice it perfectly - I get up there, and it all goes out my brain.

There's nothing you can do to prepare for it, really, either.

You've just got to trust your preparation and have confidence that you can do it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi, Hope it went well.

I always hate presentations or speaking out infront of a group. Even though I am not the most popular person at work, I feel like most people like me which helps slightly. I find it helps when I practice but I try and make the beginning different to make people laugh or keep them interested.

Eg 'I am here today to talk about ..... however I know how bored you will be so please dont feel bad if you fall asleep'. I usually find stuff like that makes people laugh and then when I see them laughing I feel more relaxed and it doesnt feel as stressful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts